Category X-Orange Formula.

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":8wp5izcn said:
For me.....mmmmmm I'd probably go Suntour XC-D

But wouldnt that be a little like the equivalent to Deore LX in 1988....?

mynchiboy:4nuggl76 said:
sinnerman:4nuggl76 said:
Andy T:4nuggl76 said:
Nope..........

is it not just a little tame...?

XT would be fine IMO.. but I can’t see beyond Campag the more I think about it.

According to mombat Euclid was officially launched at the end of ‘88 for the 1989 model year. Just sayin’ ;)

Of course your right, but it would be like a blueprint of Nicks Stunning Fronteira for me.. C67BEB9F-8054-498F-A4EB-3FE93638B6B3.jpeg

Last edited:

sinnerman":od5m54rj said:
retrobikeguy":od5m54rj said:

Maybe to some....

But with so much spent on a custom frame some folks had to spec a lower groupset to get on the new fangled MTB ladder, look at Overburys, they specced an exage groupset for people that needed the custom MTB who didn't have deep pockets.

Just saying

Besides.....I like mountain LX and XC-D

retrobikeguy:36ojcz8s said:
sinnerman:36ojcz8s said:
retrobikeguy:36ojcz8s said:

Maybe to some....

But with so much spent on a custom frame some folks had to spec a lower groupset to get on the new fangled MTB ladder, look at Overburys, they specced an exage groupset for people that needed the custom MTB who didn't have deep pockets.

Just saying

Besides.....I like mountain LX and XC-D

I think thats spot on to be fair, and its not that i dislike either groupset or the the suggestion, but i have nearly all the parts for an Xt build, although not black which i feel would look right on it, im missing the hubs, but the black XT is a year out on the frame which is niggling me.

I have a Mavic Crank, front mech, hubs/wheels, the Scott Penderson self energising brakes have been offered inc U brake, there is an IRD black post available, again all i would really need to source is a rear mech, and a short cage road would be perfect, but again, i fear it would be miles out on the age when compared to the frame.

I just thought it might be nice to assemble it a little different, to other examples shown is all.

I have even thought about selling it, i fear i am taking it all far too seriously, but it has been a frame that has plagued me for years. Fillet Brazed Tange Prestige..jpg

Last edited:
Re:

The XT shown above is absolutely fine, black xt would be nicely different too.
At the end of the day the components can be swapped around at any time, the frame set is the most important thing, and thats ready to go! So go with what you have, get it assembled and ridden. Otherwise, chasing perfection of component selection could add another couple of years to the build.

jimo746":36uasuwx said:
The XT shown above is absolutely fine, black xt would be nicely different too.
At the end of the day the components can be swapped around at any time, the frame set is the most important thing, and thats ready to go! So go with what you have, get it assembled and ridden. Otherwise, chasing perfection of component selection could add another couple of years to the build.

Thats a really good point, (hangs his head in shame at the Roberts Stratos Build--thinking that took 13 years to find and finish.. :oops: )
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=286151

Re:

I guess XT is the easiest way to go, and will look right.

Its goina be slim pickings for tyres. :facepalm:

Back