CAN WE MAKE STANDARD DECORUM TO CHECK THE WTD ADS FIRST?

I think you may want to go away and have a cup of tea and a biscuit.

Make it two biscuits so soak up some of that anger

Heres a picture of my cat to calm everyone down a bit

Attachments

• lady cattington.jpg
    lady cattington.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 243
Re:

I’m going to duck out of this one after this final message. I don’t mean any of this to sound impolite or harsh.

You asked a question on a forum. You’ve had mixed responses with some people agreeing and some disagreeing. The ones that disagree ,are in your eyes wrong. They (we) are not wrong but we have different opinions and expectations to you.

I’ve had a quick search on your profile and most of your postings are in wanted adverts and if I’m honest read like you are quite bitter. At first I thought you sounded frustrated but that’s now changed. No idea why you think that members who frequent the site more often are any less entitled to a item than you. If anything I think they deserve it more.

Bumping a wanted advert once a month or every couple of months isn’t really contributing to the community that you keep talking about. You’ve found time over the last couple of days to argue with a bunch of strangers over the rights and wrongs of this thread. Maybe if you put the time towards finding the parts you need it would end up being a happier day.

Re: Re:

d8mok":2fc4ynyv said:
I’m going to duck out of this one after this final message. I don’t mean any of this to sound impolite or harsh.

You asked a question on a forum. You’ve had mixed responses with some people agreeing and some disagreeing. The ones that disagree ,are in your eyes wrong. They (we) are not wrong but we have different opinions and expectations to you.

I’ve had a quick search on your profile and most of your postings are in wanted adverts and if I’m honest read like you are quite bitter. At first I thought you sounded frustrated but that’s now changed. No idea why you think that members who frequent the site more often are any less entitled to a item than you. If anything I think they deserve it more.

Bumping a wanted advert once a month or every couple of months isn’t really contributing to the community that you keep talking about. You’ve found time over the last couple of days to argue with a bunch of strangers over the rights and wrongs of this thread. Maybe if you put the time towards finding the parts you need it would end up being a happier day.

Without wanting to get berated by the op but d8mok speaks a lot of sense.

rjsdavis":22i3r4ve said:
My_Teenage_Self":22i3r4ve said:
Sorry in advance for a negative sounding post.

*snip*

So to atone for my negative post, your steerer;... Why not buy a pace 1" steerer and a steerer shim to boost the bottom to match the 1&1/8 diameter of the syncros fork? you could have the parts within a week for very little £££

Peace.

Thanks for the arrogant lecture.

Bought a lathe? Have a word with yourself...

As already mentioned in another post, I had a custom steerer manufactured for me by Winston Vaz - the guy that used to make a lot of Chas Robert's frames.

I sent it to the resident "expert" Splitty. He destroyed it and sent me back a box of bits and told me to eff off with them.

Bitter? Yes.

Requiring a lecture from you about the level of effort put in over the years - honestly... you know what do do. Everything about what you just wrote is totally anti-community.

An Apology, from an Arrogant Man.

Please accept my sincere apologies, it was not my intention to offend, nor lecture. It wasn't intended to be arrogant, and if it was written in a way that came across as arrogant, I apologise. I was trying to state that you're looking for the rarest of the rare, and it may take extreme measures, which, it appears you have already tried, so you're back to relying on a wanted add on here. Again, I'll apologise, this time for not having read every post you've made regarding your Syncros fork.

In my (only) defence, I tried to offer a solution to your problem too. I apologise unreservedly for it not meeting your requirements.

I will also have a word with myself for buying a lathe and learning to weld to make a car part that I couldn't source. Please accept my sincere apologies for that.

I can only offer my apologies that member 'Splitty21' let you down. It's obviously effected you deeply; Apologies.

I searched for my unicorn bike for nearly 20 years, and would like to apologise for offering understanding on how frustrating it is.

Please, please, let me apologise for implying that you had come across a little negative. I've learnt my lesson, and can see that you're simply just frustrated at the epic, and sadly unfruitful search you've had tracking down a bicycle fork.

I'll openly apologise that I've let the community down. To everyone who I may have offended, please take solace in the fact that I'm now withdrawing from Retrobike, as I don't feel that I can meet the standards laid down by the upstanding member representing themselves here. You have my apologies.

I'm mortified beyond comprehension that I may have been considered arrogant, so this is me signing off. I'm sure the community won't miss me.

I will miss all of you though, it's been fun and I've made many friends here;

To those that offered their kind advice freely on my weightweenie build, Thankyou.
To those of you that shipped parts from all over the globe for that project, Thankyou.
To those of you that helped me through mental health issues, Thankyou.
To those that commented on my ugly Lotus Project, Thankyou.
To all that cheered at Mountain Mayhem, I thank you the most.
To those that attended the Iconoclassics, Thankyou.
To those of you that responded to my wanted ads, thankyou.
To everyone that posts helpful, irrelevant, poignant, informative and amusing stuff on this site, thankyou.
To the Hundreds or people I've Shared PMs with, Thankyou.

To the TWO OF YOU* that voted for my shitty bike in BOTM, Thankyou. You're Idiots.

rjsdavis, My Apologies, and the best of luck with your search for your fork. and remember, It's just a fork.

*Seriously, what the hell were you thinking? You should have a word with yourself.

My_Teenage_Self":i7vfqlan said:
To the TWO OF YOU* that voted for my shitty bike in BOTM, Thankyou. You're Idiots.
Awwww... cheers mate... but Gold Traders don't just disappear... :cry:

Can I have the lotus then?

Dibs.

Before you even advertise it.

Or should I post a wanted ad?

Then you have to sell it to me.

The History Man":ehflblu5 said:
Can I have the lotus then?

Dibs.

Before you even advertise it.

Or should I post a wanted ad?

Then you have to sell it to me.

Lol i think you need to have a word with yourself thm that’s blatantly que jumping.

Back