Mavic sent me a new Mavic 316 free of charge !

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Want to tell you about the excellent customer service from Mavic
I emailed them asking if they had a crown race for a Mavic 316 headset
They managed to get the part number and asked me to confirm it
They then sought to find the part for me - and after a few emails they decided to send me a brand new complete Mavic 316 headset instead.
I couldn’t ask for more - great comms and really go out of their way to help a customer for an item they no longer manufacture.

That is impressive.

I wonder if I should email them about a replacement cage for an 841 rear derailleur ...

one-eyed_jim":196dzmlb said:
That is impressive.

I wonder if I should email them about a replacement cage for an 841 rear derailleur ...
I’d do that!

Here’s the last two email sent by Ben at customer services :

Hello Ibraar,

Your more than welcome.

Despite all the modern advances that have been made in cycling over the last 10/20 years its always great to see people who are still restoring and using classic products which formed the foundation of modern cycling as we know it today.

I personally have a Colnago Tecnos from the early 90s and the majority of it is period (ish) correct and it looks lovely in my opinion but finding the parts and spares is certainly getting harder and harder. As parts become used and worn and as the number of replacements is limited now with no new ones being produced it will only get harder to find such parts.

We really appreciate you taking the time to get back to us and share some of your experiences and please let us know if there is anything we can help with or if you have any further questions in the future.

Regards,
Ben

Hello Ibraar,

Thanks very much for your patience.

We have just received notice that we have shipped you a complete 316 headset free of charge.

This should shortly ship out from our centre in France with UPS and arrive at your address in the coming days.

We apologize for the delay but we hope that this helps you getting the bike back on the road again.

Regards,
Ben

Re:

Great CS :D

Magura in the UK kindly inspected a set of 10yr old forks for me and gave them a free upgrade and service last year and shipped them back all FOC.

Re:

It’s great when a company acknowledges and appreciates customer - it really was an excellent gesture.
They didn’t have to - they could’ve been like seiko (watches) UK (who said they only repair and don’t supply or sell parts such as watch straps).

Re:

Here

Attachments

• 8943F281-CFD7-4797-BF64-11EE363F3D03.jpeg
    8943F281-CFD7-4797-BF64-11EE363F3D03.jpeg
    31.4 KB · Views: 508
Re:

Great. Who knew they still have them available.

It's the opposite of my experience when looking for some modern hub adapters for crossmax wheels. They couldn't identify my wheels from the pictures supplied or serial numbers they requested. Then when they finally gave me a part number for what I needed, it was wrong and I had to correct them.

I guess it depends on who you speak to,but here they obviously did a great job.

Re: Re:

ishaw":3mikuo6s said:
I guess it depends on who you speak to,but here they obviously did a great job.
Were you speaking to Mavic France, or the UK importer?

It can affect the response you get MASSIVELY.

I've tried getting spokes for a just out of production wheel before, worked out what i needed, spoke to the importer "No, you don't need those, they won't fit, we don't stock the ones you need any more. You'll have to sell the customer a new wheel."
Mavic France (after a two/three week wait) told me the part number and length of spokes i needed, plus the part number of the nipples as they quite often seize, and offered to send a workshop grade spoke key (instead of the plastic one that came with the wheels).
It was the same spokes i'd asked for from the importer 3 weeks earlier.

Back