retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
.... no theyre not twins,... and ha ha.

I have been here long enough to know my sh*t but I'm having trouble getting my head around frame dates and decals for these.

I have 2 clockwork frames, both take the same size seatpost (27.0mm iirc), both have the less elaborate rear cantilever cable stop both are 1" headtube and have stepped seat tubes.

I believe one is a late 92/93 as I have most of the kit - ie stalk lite seat post, XT chainset with SGX rings and XT SLR push pull rapidfire with low pro cantilevers. it also has a top tube routed front derailleur. Tange infinity tubing decal.

the next is my real querie.

Its a repainted frame with no decals, same geometry and shape except for it has the front derailleur cabling above the bottom bracket but different from the catalogue shape which is more 89 if you know what I mean.

These will be probably going for powdercoat soon and I'll be needing to know the decal style appropriate.

No pics - sorry but photobucket an'all that :roll: Let the help commence.

RBG

Re:

Here goes. And frame numbers if that helps

black, 1993? Frame no A212188
white 199? Frame no A2050119

IMG_20170719_183844.jpg

IMG_20170719_183800.jpg

You can see one has a guide above the bottom bracket shell, I did think they were the same year but then noticed that.

RBG

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":2vsc36ur said:
Here goes. And frame numbers if that helps

black, 1993? Frame no A212188
white 199? Frame no A2050119

If I remember correctly, the 1st three numbers of the serial is year and month built, so black is December '92 and white is May '92. I guess the white would be classed a '92 and the black a '93 model.

Re:

Yes 1992 & 1993
As the 92s still had the guide and 93s had moved to top tube routing and a wheel.

And the serials confirm it.

So futuristic style for the 1993 and traditional style for the 1992.

Re:

So they were constantly changing the design of the clockwork then, decals would both be like cheshire1980's below I presume? (Sorry for nicking yer photo fella)

file.php

Re:

Yes, same as the orange/white for the '92 and the black for the '93.

Back