Bomber Z2 SuperFly questions (with a Zaskar)

Re:

As for weights
A 1994 MAG21 SL/TI, 1-1/8 205mm, no dust seal, but boots is a fraction of an ounce over 3lb. Near enough identical to a 1997 Judy SL.
A standard MAG21 95/6 ish is about 3.4lb+

Re:

I don't seem to be able to find my exact weight, but I'm sure it was a bit over 3lb for a 245mm steerer*, lighter than a standard MAG21 and the XC600/700 (which I could weigh as I have them as well).
You'd need to be looking at RockShox SIDs to get a lighter decent fork.

There are a few more on here too. I've also used the later 2000ish Z3 Flylight Air 100 forks, they are much simpler, look similar and are basically just standard Bombers with the spring taken out and an aircap put on the top.

Could be wrong and that could be 98 Judy SL but certainly low 3lb and no heavier than a normal mag or xc700.

Given they are stiffer longer bulkier forks, what do you expect.

Yes, now my main fork is a Skareb from 2003. One side air valve, one side rebound.
But its too tall. 470mm from the hub to the bottom of the headset. The Judy XC, and the XC700 is 430mm. The manual says 434mm for this. I don't want to raise the bike's nose...

Re:

Good call. Give it a thorough service, new seals, good oil, and it should last forever. Not particularly light (about 1800g, closer to 4lb than 3lb) but nothing else produced in that decade has the suppleness or steering precision.

Back