Show us your S-Bikes /Sbikes/S'Bikes

Void(EN12-82)":1dccyvn3 said:
Hmm... wonder where my full suspension 728 went. Was hoping to see it here :-( I forgot who I sold it to and if they ever got it built up (seemed there was welding done at the seat-tube).
728 was a rigid model, the full suspension bikes were all in the 8xx and 9xx range.

Nope, it's a 929DH I remember now... I've sold it to someone in the US and had to refund it because there was welding done to the seat-tube (the seller swore to me it had always been that way, but the buyer wasn't too happy about it so I refunded). Mine had the rounder rear section, not the square tubing. I had it reapainted and new decals and then it went to the US.

Never heard or seen anything after the refund, not even a build thread on the forum :-( It was a very cool bike, repairs done or not...

Not mine but it is up for sale near me so thought I put some pics up it is a Sbike 829 with Flexstem
( http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s ... ref=search )

If I did not have 2 Sbikes and some spare cash I would be tempted ... OK I am tempted :facepalm: but dont have the cash luckily

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_03 Jul. 30 12.58.jpg
    ScreenHunter_03 Jul. 30 12.58.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 892
  • ScreenHunter_04 Jul. 30 12.58.jpg
    ScreenHunter_04 Jul. 30 12.58.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 891
  • ScreenHunter_05 Jul. 30 12.58.jpg
    ScreenHunter_05 Jul. 30 12.58.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 891
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That looks like "mine", except "mine" has rounded rear stays (like the 508 etc has, the steel and alloy later ones). My dad repainted it in exactly that red color and I had new decals done by Gil_M. Maybe I shouldn't have sold it (but hey, I'm thinging out now and cleaning up so it wasn;t a bad decision).

Just wondered if it's still alive and well... it went to the US (I think New York IIRC).

Re:

Finally found a SBIKE 728 Frame . :D .... Frame will need to be tidied up a little and some new Decals added....
I had just about given up on finding one of these frames and was about to sell my Spin wheels I had been saving for such a build....
Also have a set of Alu SBIKE forks I have been saving which will hopefully fit this frame nicely ... and a Sbike stem and handlebars
Will not have time to build it up till Autum but wil open up a Build Thread once I start to get the parts sorted :facepalm:

Attachments

• 2014-08-21_12h52_18_opt.png
    2014-08-21_12h52_18_opt.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 810
Re: My 700c

Here my Sbike 700c
It is a custom made for an Italian rider of 1990-91.
The SBIKE stickers are made by a scotch tape and it reflects light during night! Very cool.

ztH9WN.jpg

Xgu2AT.jpg

pqWhLs.jpg

It is very dirty at the moment. Still have to polish it... But as it is a big frame for my size, it stays.
I belive it has been used only one year an then left in the canteen... :D

Hi there !

Here is my Sbike, before and after.

The before pic is how it was originaly when I bought it last year. I went to Lugano (Switzerland) to pick it up (the pic was taken in front of Lugano's lake). Yes, Lugano, the place where was located Sbike !! The first owner of this bike was actualy a former Sbike employee! It was a 704 model, which is a model I never seen or heard about before, but I guess it was not a catalog build as the Shimano Altus groupset does not match with the numbers (Shimano builds have a '2' as second digit, so it should have been a 724 ..).
My goal was to have a 729, so it was hard to decide between keeping this unique build as it, or to go with the build I always wanted to do. As you can see on the 'after' pic, I went the 729 way .. New decals, full m900 groupset, flite, ambrosio rims, smoke tires .. as on catalog specs, except for the forks. And a few purple bits to match with the stem and Manitou's lowers.

Before :

After :

Back