1993 Grove Innovations Hardcore

Yes, Rody, the pictures came out rather nice considering the weather. But hey, you where right!

Me and my friend are going to hit the trails later saturday evening as long as everything goes as planned :D

NOW, seeing how much fun building bikes can be, I have some motivation to get that 29'er cranked out!!

great first post, the grove looks sweet. I'm sure you'll enjoy riding it...

Thanks john, it rides likea dream. Hopefully gonna take it out tomorrow with a few friends and hit up the fireroads at the very least.

I am curious about the front brake. Does it drag much?

Is it more powerful than a Speed Controller or a M900 cantilever?

Erkan,

The front Prostop is designed to be a floating disc which allows the disc to center in the calipers regardless of brake wear. To achieve this, there is an audible "whir" when the wheel spins from the occasional contact with the rotor, but it does not slow the inertia/momentum of the forward rotation.

Pretty cool design for being, as Aaron put it..."old". I wince as I type this as this was new technology well into my mountain biking days :roll: .

Aaron,

So...how did the Saturday ride go? The weather was beautiful. Details please!

cheers,

rody

Well, Rody. The ride would have been AWESOME... except I didnt end up getting out of bed untill 12:30 or so. My friend had already went out with his parents after calling numerous times.

Sunday's trials meet went fantasic tho.. Took first place for the day, and got enough points to advance to the next class! Enough with the non-mountain bike talk.

This sunday me and my friend SHOULD be hitting the trails.. not exactly sure which/where, but we'll find someplace...

OH - and dont take that 'old' comment to heart.... I am in love with the bike in every aspect. As I said, I have NO complaints at all.

After hitting the good-ole fireroads with a friend today... ive realized its not as fun as single track :D

But it sure was an interesting day... especially after my chain snapped 10 miles from home :roll:

Back