'94 Orange Clockwork STX

ha.ha I pestered her trying to get it for £100 as the old man had treatment twice in cheltenham while the auction ran .... she was not having any of it... So didnt even bother looking when the auction ended thinking it was going to go for loads more!! :LOL:

clockworkgazz":5n1kekry said:
£118 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Looks my size, Will give you £150 for it, easiest money you ever made :LOL:

sorry but this is too good sell...

I would think about a PX for a good 19" clockwork from the same era :D

daj":3qwddlcz said:
ha.ha I pestered her trying to get it for £100 as the old man had treatment twice in cheltenham while the auction ran .... she was not having any of it... So didnt even bother looking when the auction ended thinking it was going to go for loads more!! :LOL:

I must admint, I was very suprised to win and only put a max bid of £120!

the-nasher":2fvblvcy said:
It was listed as a 21", but it looked too small, I was praying it was 19" - but is about 17"
It's a size 17 and I would have thought it was a year or two earlier than 94?

Anthony":cvvsmftd said:
the-nasher":cvvsmftd said:
It was listed as a 21", but it looked too small, I was praying it was 19" - but is about 17"

94 was the first year for STX.. 93 was Exage LT and ES. definetly a 94.

OrangeRetro":hqhu478k said:
Anthony":hqhu478k said:
the-nasher":hqhu478k said:

Just what I was going to say, my Original Clockwork was from '93 and was an LX, the STX was a good £200 cheaper. They look similar to the LX part of my bike, so maybe re-badged old LX stuff?

Thanks for the welcome, I'm going to lookout for some NOS bar ends, just so I can ride the thing a bit

the-nasher":rehhwwnp said:
OrangeRetro":rehhwwnp said:
Anthony":rehhwwnp said:
the-nasher":rehhwwnp said:

Just what I was going to say, my Original Clockwork was from '93 and was an LX, the STX was a good £200 cheaper. They look similar to the LX part of my bike, so maybe re-badged old LX stuff?

Thanks for the welcome, I'm going to lookout for some NOS bar ends, just so I can ride the thing a bit

STX was a completely new groupset introduced in 1994. I remember it well because it was the first year that shimano introduced the indicators on their shifters. We all thought that it was a bit pointless at the time... but I had STX on my 1994 GT Tequesta and it worked really well. definetly not re-badged LX though.. STX RC (the upgraded STX) was a bit closer to LX.

Back