dump find: old Marin bike 'Team Marin 94/95?'

Progress:

I got my LBS took off the cranks and headset... photo attatched. It's an amazing shop in kentish Town: Lunar cycles.. so nice to find a shop that are into stuff like this...

I'm sending it off for powdercoating tomorrow at armourtex in hackney...

It turns out my girlfriend has always wanted a shiny silver marin (!) - so this bike has already found a home..

I'll put up more photos as I get on with it...

I got a nice rear wheel and cassette from the same groupset form a retrobiker in surbiton.... top man...

still need a ritchey 1 1/8th threaded headset and a decent 737 crankset...
and some decals? does anyone know about decals? especially the tange one...

watch this space

Attachments

• DSC00919 2.jpg
    DSC00919 2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 813
Update.. With new arrival alongside..

6a106f52c27f53ec377f528b180f7def_zps9948c6de.jpg

Wow....great bike and what a find!

Anyway, the small "windows" on the M737 STI's can be bought as spare. I just don't remember where I saw them....I'm sure someone in here knows the answer to that.

Nice one, I have a 1995 team Marin that is almost finished, gone for pace forks on mine, best get some pics up, are you going to build the other frame ?

mrgumby":ne63obxv said:
I need them!

Thats the only bit thats letting it down at the moment..
Ill keep my eye peeled.

I have tried looking through my links but I cannot find out where i saw them. I'm pretty sure it wasn't e-bay.

I think it was a thread in here where this issue came up (these "windows" break easily on the M737 STI's and is therefore a common problem). I believe someone there posted a link to somewhere on the web where they sold these. Not very expensive if I'm not mistaken. I'm sorry for not being able to be more specific.

Maybe you could put up a post in the wanted section?

That's built up well, the silver powder coating looks great. I had a Zig Zag Trail back in the day, I think it had the same frame as the Team. It was a nice bike, very light but the top tube did dent easily.

Back