Bullseye cranks

24pouces":1ofo6ygd said:
Stupid question : what''s difference between european and US BB threads ?
Someone could sale me some Bullseye BB cups but they fit on american…

Does this help? http://www.danscomp.com/serve.php?serve ... iagram.htm I don't believe there's a US BB thread as it's my understanding (but I've only just started learning about this stuff, so I could be wrong) that a Bullseye American BB would be a press fit only.

If you want to learn about Imperial and Metric threads just google it....

The term American BB tends to refer to a BMX size Bottom bracket, Bullseye BB were either a BMX sized adaptor with smaller press fit bearings or a normal standard British threaded BB, with very poorly sealed bearings. It was only the Pace RC100 bearings that were a press fit, with grease injection system and slighlty better seals

And I've used Gil's shims since I joined retrobike, worth the money and you hardly notice them.

I run a hope external BB - their bearings last much longer (I do use a bit of side pressure on them because I am jamming on a 68mm spindle length on a 73 shell - isn't good for most external bearings.)

Just had my Bullseye cranks powder coated,the threads for the spider to crank fixing are 1/4" UNF thread,as I got a tap to clean the threads prior to reassembly,they are bloody awesome cranks by the way.

Thanks for the size of the bolts...
I have to powder coated mine too, so I would need to clean the threads, and I think about taking new bolts too :D

redfern1950s":16n6n3c7 said:
Hi,
Just read your thread..

And have come across these on ebay :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BULLSEYE-EURO ... 3cd7c3b21f

Not sure if they are what you want, expensive as well..

Bye for now..

Martin

Ok, I couldn't resist it.... I phoned the guy up and bought the BB before the bid ended :oops:. Interestingly the cups are Bullseye but the bearings are Enduro MR 2437 LLB's. I've been in touch with Enduro and these are still available and they initially thought the shim/reducer were the ones they make for SRAM Truvativ BB's but they couldn't find any sales records of these to Bullseye, plus the SRAM spindle is 22mm spindle so I guess Bullseye made this as well as the cups(?).

They also pointed out that the shim has been fitted the other way around i.e. with the flange on the outside. Any ideas why? Nader any chance of some close ups?

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 926
  • Bullseye Euro BB.jpg
    Bullseye Euro BB.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 926
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi Mates,

I recently bought a nice Bullseye 2nd gen. crankset complete with Bulls spider for 3 chainrings

but I need your help about bolts size on the above spider :? :? :?

two different bolts are required :

- bolts for fixing the spider on the driveside crank ( fortunately I already have )
- bolts for fixing the inner small chainring ( I need this - see below photo )

I've found a previous thread were 1/4"-28 was mentioned as bolt size but which one ??

Thank you very much to everyone ;)

Attachments

• 100120141936.jpg
    100120141936.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 904
Back