Peugeot Perthus 753r

Robster914":202fjuyy said:
I can see this getting out of control (aka expensive).......!

You can bet on that; 18 months ago I had two mtb's, the same two I have owned since the mid 90's.

Then I found this sites and now I have...... a garage full of lovely bikes and a serious addiction :twisted:

Yep. Having shrunk my collection of bikes by moving on my wifes / and both sons' unnused MTBs and trimming the parts etc down to sanity to move from a double garage to a 9x7 shed, this site has pushed me up to more bikes than I had before and the shed has been made more sensible and the loft is now in play...

Question for the Artistes among us. Turns out the paint for my Perthus (which was rusted around BB and needs a lot of TLC) is an exact match for Renault "Hollogram Grey Metallic" (The colour of my knackered old Renault...). However, that's an instore self mix at Hellfrauds these days and I have little faith in getting a perfect match. So I decided to strip it back and paint a different colour.

However, some of the transfers are difficult to get hold of (E.g. the 753 ones), how do people get around that? On my Colnago rebuild, Shands actually laser cut copies of the originals, but that's beyond me, and I'm not intending to spend fortunes on this rebuild (maybe later I will...) Is it possible / sensible to cut back to bare metal around transfers, then mask them off for painting, or am I doomed to lose them?

Am intending to go "Ford Bermuda Blue Metallic".

Hi bigfoz, there was a decal thread started yesterday in this part of the forum with links. Cycle mondo has a full decal set for a per thus and also Reynolds stickers no problem. Are you sure you want to go non original?

(In case anyone wondered I did finally get a perthus. Just finishing a colnago master Olympic build - my premonition came true, it did become an expensive hobby :D )

Problem is, if I can't get a match, then the whole things needs redone, and I can't afford to have a pro do it just now, so it's a selfie...

HLloyd cycles will do you an original 753 sticker for about £5 - just ordered one for my Perthus

Back