1997 Kona Kapu - sourced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1997 Kona Kapu

You couldn't make this up could you? Never seen one ever, then 2 come along in the space of 2 weeks :LOL:

No, thankfully it's not the same and this one would be too small for me. One interesting difference is this definitely has the proper top tube 1995 decal of "Bici Strada" (Road Bike) where-as the one that's heading my way has the old 1994 Race Light decal.

I'll save some of the other detail for the build thread ;)

I thought I was imagining it! I noticed the "bici strada" name in the description and thought the seller was getting carried away. Unfortunately too big for me,

After some epic payment struggles (logistics not budget) the Kapu is heading to NY for the first part of the journey.

al-onestare":va865tey said:
Today's the day - I take delivery!!!

thats the great moments of life, when something you where looking for ages is arriving ;)

we want pics. asap. :LOL:

Just LOL....what is going on? Right click and save-as everyone, here's a 1996 version...yes, a 96 version...search for pictures of one, you won't find any until now!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-Kona-ro ... 4acb91daa1

x2wu.jpg

It says it's a 56cm but I think it's slightly bigger with that head-tube but thank **** it's too small for me otherwise I'd be on another logistical journey!

LOL @ the re-naming, hope that's more to do with the owner than the bike!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am looking for some help peeps ivhave just purchased a kona haoli road bike ibhad to ring and email kona for the info that I have it is a titanium frame completely kitted out with shimano dura ace back tyre rim is magic pro plus and front rim worbla I am new to cycling but am getting the bug big time it has no stickers it was sold frameset kona have said and it is made in 1995.and is regarded by kona a rare and is in very gud condition I am looking to get some info on it and value in todays market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back