MOTOR CHAT

Land Rover camper :D or one of those big Mitsubishi 4X4 ones!

zigzag":3clnmeva said:
Sensible hat on. Nothing Mr P or ocp have got to say about their experience of VW camper ownership is all that positive. It just seems like you'd be swapping the retrobike money pit for the VW camper money pit.

Would a modern (and possibly slightly smaller) camper not be a better bet? Something like a Berlingo conversion?

Finally, another one from the Daily Mash: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/busi ... 0080529986

The big problem with the VW campervan is that they are now so old that there will always be something needing repaired/fixed on them.
Don't think there was anything bad about them when they were new, they wouldn't have become so popular if they were crap, they're VWs after all. Although some of the conversions, certainly the one my wife has, done by professional conversion companies are dire as regards workmanship and materials.

Picked up Mrs B's new Mk7 GTD a couple of weeks back

Not bad at all... Not as efficient as the Beemer but bloody fast!

The problem with your MitsubishiToyotaLandRoverDingo is they ain't got no soul (maybe the LR)
And they hold their value like a empty crisp bag :?

I am handy AND I have welding equip AND can use it.

RobMac":vn4nqtjm said:
The problem with your MitsubishiToyotaLandRoverDingo is they ain't got no soul (maybe the LR)
And they hold their value like a empty crisp bag :?

I am handy AND I have wedding equip AND can use it.

That's mair like it.

There's guy in Stonehaven trying to flog a hideous yellow 1976ish bay window VW camper for £8,000. It's manky with signs of rust all along the lower edges. I wouldn't touch it for half that :LOL:

I would buy another but only if it was really solid, they're great fun :cool:

RobMac":2ywfax6j said:

Go on, put the shite'rs up Jimi :p

12621_L400_1.jpg

Funny as ................ :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I could see him looking in his rear view mirror at ma number plate goin "Whit the fu......" :LOL:

Back