Eroica's coming to the UK

TGR":1k24ywks said:
I would actually disagree and that is not like me at all.

" so we are going in the right direction and I praise the organisers for starting to make some sense"

Ask yourself the question - why the price reduction? I suspect it has nothing to do with sense but more to do with uptake of the tickets - two totally different reasons.

Which is what I said... I have started this rant withe aim of getting a lower entry fee, in line with other events, rather than an outrageous one. I want this to be a success, it would be great if it was a success. I live in this world and I know that over here events are expensive... if you don't like it, there are plenty of Audaxes that you can enter for 3 quid plus the cost of a stamp. They want this to be something different from an addax... they want it to be grander than something ran in the local community centre and I agree it should be something a bit more special...
How much should it cost? I think 40-50 is reasonable, given what you get for your money round here

I think getting sub £50 is the key to peoples perception of value ...

Given that their twitter feed indicates that at least some of the organisers are in Tuscany attending L'Eroica, perhaps the face to face contacts they have had out there have led them to make this price reduction.

Think a price of £40 is tops for this event or lower for a straight entry fee, without the 'extras'..

Just looked at the 'rules'

I think that imposing 'toe clips and straps' will put people off more than the entry fee, and also no rules on clothing ????
Lots of people have bikes but dont have shoes with plates for toe clips, and are not cheap to buy either..

orbeas":14gajrhb said:
Just looked at the 'rules'

I think that imposing 'toe clips and straps' will put people off more than the entry fee, and also no rules on clothing ????
Lots of people have bikes but dont have shoes with plates for toe clips, and are not cheap to buy either..

These rules are in line with the real Eroica and with most events of this type... nothing unusual there
You can use shoes without plates, you can use glorified trainers in fact

would not want to ride 100 miles in a pair of glorified trainers !!!!

have been told that riders use modern shoes and pedals in L'Eroica in Italy.. from someone who has ridden it !!!

Nice little earner then...

The publicity says theyre looking to start 5,500 riders:
500 @ £55 = 27,500
5000 @ £70 = £350,000
Less any concessions for over 65s

Total = £377,500

Then add on all the sponsorship money, sound like we're in the wrong business

Latest posts

Back