1991 Specialized Stumpjumper Epic - finished p2 -

Beautiful Bart mate, well done.

Considering how ugly that started out with the Campy Olympus and clunky Marz Star forks you've done a marvellous job.

Looks beautiful with the rigid forks, and minus the 'special' decals...!

Gone to a good home!

Cheers,
BB.

Hi Bart ,
Another wonderful looking bike from you mate . Where do you manage to source the parts from ? I imagine some are difficult to find , especially XT M 730 stuff ? Also , do you keep all your bikes or sell some ?

Yetinut":2cc3lvyn said:
Great bike, nice build but not keen on tyre choice, come on man were are the ground controls?

Nothing wrong with them Specialized Team Control's! :p

But rims and tires will be changed in the near future! ;)

Great build and great bike (Ultimates are always amazing ;) ).
The not-so-common black XT spec is quite handsome.

To be clear... it's not an ultimate! It's 'just' an Epic with an ultimate decal-set! All original though, still not sure why it has an ultimate decal-set.....?!?

stumpjumper1990":3or5q71r said:
To be clear... it's not an ultimate! It's 'just' an Epic with an ultimate decal-set! All original though, still not sure why it has an ultimate decal-set.....?!?

I have two Epic frames, one exactly like yours, the other (built) has S-Works graphics. And it's a sort of paint, not decals, innit?
I will take some pic this week, but I think that -for some time- there were no differences between carbo-ti and carbo-steel frames regarding graphics.
Cheers,
Chus

Oops, my bad! I failed to check out the dropouts! Well, even with those heavy steel lugs, it's still sweet. Although I like the original 'normal' Epic decals better since they're more racy ('90 Worlds look).

Chusma: you're correct, 1992-1993 S-Works Carbon and S-Works Ultimate had similar decals. The only difference was that Ultimate had 'Ultimate' decal on toptube.

Back