BoTM September 2013 - Nominations if you please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Build thread :? , erm, I just sorta threw it together and left it outside a bit to give it that sorta.. patina , aged, sort of weathered look . ;)

Where that's concerned, wouldn't a time-lapse "destruction" video be more entertaining?
:twisted: Neil, I find this most upsetting,, and to be honest a little unfair, as my bike has multiple use's , whilst not being ridden and and displayed, on my caravan wall , it provides a excellent refuge for natural wildlife.

:) RockiMtn , nice one mate, pal, I tried using another set of bars and one of those handlebar stem thingys, I just couldn't bloody budge this one off , so thought it looked ok so I'm going to leave it, I think I'm onto a winner though as my bar stem combo currently, and if you take note, unlike any of the other entries this month, mine has (again) a multi use, in that it hold's my cable's nicely away from the wheel ya see. ;)
Archemist , cheers , :? Don't you just find it a bugger getting hold of rustwalls nowdays.. :roll:

And Nader. I think your just being picky..

Mr Universe":22rcp6ot said:
Build thread :? , erm, I just sorta threw it together and left it outside a bit to give it that sorta.. patina , aged, sort of weathered look . ;)

Where that's concerned, wouldn't a time-lapse "destruction" video be more entertaining?
:twisted: Neil, I find this most upsetting,, and to be honest a little unfair, as my bike has multiple use's , whilst not being ridden and and displayed, on my caravan wall , it provides a excellent refuge for natural wildlife.

I didn't mean destruction so much in a "cutting it up with an angle grinder" type thing - just meant the whole time-lapse thing seeing it, um, maturing (see what I did there? it's like self-moderation - who'd have thought...) over the years, to it's current, wild-life friendly state of glory.

Just think of that imagery - seeing the rust bloom over time...

Mr Universe":11838rg8 said:
As the quality and level of builds is so high , I'd like you to consider my bike.

I did try and get a shot of the other side to show the attention to detail , but the stick kept snapping :?

Let me know if this has just snuck in under the 15 .

Some really nice bikes this month but think this really stands a big chance :D how did you get that paint job so good take long?

Sling-shot bike with full XTR and Rock Shox Mag 21's. The bike rides with a Tioga Disk wheel and the Trispoke for light trails and around town. The Trispoke front wheel is swapped with a Ringle for heavy off road riding to limit side to side flex. This is the main reason the wheel was only released to a few for trials and not sold to the general public. As such they are perhaps even more rare the the Tioga Disk. This bike is a second generation frame. Still rides today and is a favorite on the trails for conversations.

Attachments

• IMG_4666.2.jpg
    IMG_4666.2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,871
  • IMG_4667.2.jpg
    IMG_4667.2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,871
hollisters 1990 tropical jellybean salsa ala carte

ce302f4e91769a0a62d3cf910199edda.jpg

torrosalsaride100.jpg

Detailed build thread shortly

Edit: enjoy
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=272374

Love the Salsa Hollister :D

So, we have 15 entries. However unless Mr Universal can supply a build thread and more details for his canal find I'll assume it's a hilarious jape and therefore use my Simon Cowel-esque powers and not send it through to the live show.

One more entry needed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back