cheap work shop stand

benjy

Retro Guru
hi, i know you get what you pay for an would love a park tool one but is there any cheap ones that will last me till i can aford a good one? anyone tryed the 30/ 40 pound jobbies on ebay ect?

I got me one of these for around £50 :

zoom_asset_11883982.jpg

It's called "velo works" and I picked it up at my local Decathlon.
Been using it for close to 2 years now, even though I initially had my doubts about the quality of the clamp itself. Seems to be holding 40lbs+ bikes just fine.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
there the sort of ones i was thinking, dont mind going up to £50 but anymore an i think if it dies then its a big loss, thanks chaps

This is good news, I couldn't find any of the Lidl ones anywhere (their hotline is useless - you have to visit each store to find stock). But £33 is pretty good value and includes postage... nice.

I have a wall mount bike clamp thing that is pretty heavy duty but it always seems to be too close to the wall... sounds obvious but it's not as useful as I hoped. I've hit my head on it too many times as well...

Before I got my Park workshop stand I happened across a car bike rack, one of those ones that straps to the back of the car without a towbar. Got it from a boot sale for a couple coins. I strapped it to the garage wall and used it for years
To be honest it's does the job and cost almost nothing.

Back