BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
My old one is starting to get a bit rounded on the jaws so it's time for a new one. I often gravitate towards Park Tools but I'm wondering what others are using. I'd prefer to buy a good one that will last rather than something cheap and nasty. Anyone got a recommendation? I was considering this Lezyne one.....

lezyne-classic-pedal-rod-with-15-mm-wrench-openings-at-30-and-60.jpg

My Elite spanner is still going strong, though i cant find a link to one so not sure if you can still get them. Long and very strong metal, no coating on the handle either and has survived a lot of hits with a hammer.

I have been looking at a few of the wooden handled Lezyne tools recently, a bit expensive but look great :)

Those Lezyne tools are nicely designed, but don't last as well as Park ones (IME), the Park one also has a nice round handle you can slip a seatpost over to get extra leverage!

Park, Pedros, Hozan or Cyclo FTW.

Those Lezyne tools are nicely designed, but don't last as well as Park ones (IME), the Park one also has a nice round handle you can slip a seatpost over to get extra leverage!

Park, Pedros, Hozan or Cyclo FTW.

Mine still looks like new and has probably removed 150 sets of stuck pedals in the last year I’d guess without the need for any bars or extra leverage. It’s one tool I’d not hesitate to recommend.

You probably look after them! We had a full set of new Lezyne tools given to the workshop and within 3 months they were using the old Park tools we had before. I don't recall the pedal spanner being an issue but certainly the allen keys, chain tool and chain whip didn't cope as well as the Park ones - this was a very busy 3 mechanic workshop though.

I have a park pw3 and I don’t think much to it really. in terms off rounding off it lasted as long as a cheap Chinese equivalent. And it’s been looked after

I have a park pw3 and I don’t think much to it really. in terms off rounding off it lasted as long as a cheap Chinese equivalent. And it’s been looked after

I think I'd go with the pW-4 if I was going with Park. Guessing it's probably a bit more heavy duty

Back