Mercian Audax Bike Cycle Frame 1991 Reynolds 531 50cm

negaultra7

The Number Of The Beast
Chaps do you have any ideas on the value of this frame?
its a 1991 Mercian Audax

vFgeLfw.jpg

70TddEO.jpg

MwcytvJ.jpg

BCsFO6r.jpg

0tipYdM.jpg

aMRCTc5.jpg

6VeI7Fm.jpg

HIcHoWd.jpg

wWCCrm4.jpg

6UCNqvG.jpg

keO5MUM.jpg

NLndHlw.jpg

KIYJWlP.jpg

nHRqUen.jpg

I think the Mercian website has current frame prices on, so you can probably see what one would cost new.

Think the problem you will have is that it is so small, the number of potential buyers is also small, so the price you get may not be it's true worth. That's life though!!

Matt_wood55":2z2c15s7 said:
I think the Mercian website has current frame prices on, so you can probably see what one would cost new.

Think the problem you will have is that it is so small, the number of potential buyers is also small, so the price you get may not be it's true worth. That's life though!!

Ive been offered £175 cash do you think thats a fair price?

I would say it probably is - if you go through Ebay you would need North of £200 sale price to come out with £175 at the end of the day. It's tricky though to price anything, especially if there is no precedent in terms of similar frame selling recently.

Looking at the paint, it's in need of a respray, so there's another £150 or so for the buyer to find if it goes to Mercian.

Have you contacted Mercian? They may be able to give a guide.

I'd say £175 was a decent offer, I've seen them go for slightly more and slightly less. It's a nice frame but they aren't particularly rare. I've had a couple of very similar frames in similar condition and sold each for less than £175.

Back