92 Marin Bear Valley SE colours

I am going to restore a 1992 BV frame soon, was thinking about painting with a matt black paint and a gloss black paint and the lacquering over the lot. Although, worried this might make the matt black shiny?

DougieF":17fxvkff said:
I am going to restore a 1992 BV frame soon, was thinking about painting with a matt black paint and a gloss black paint and the lacquering over the lot. Although, worried this might make the matt black shiny?

Here's an idea.. Gloss black the lot, apply the new decals then mask up where neccesary then apply satin lacquer where required? Sounds good in theory :D

Rich

Don't worry too much about a bike being too shiney, believe me, just a matter of time before that 'factory shine' knocks off after a session around one the uk's trail centres.

Black is hard to keep looking good. just ask micheal knight ;) History with most marins from 1990-1993 suggests that some sort of protection for decals is advised.

I'm well looking forward to seeing this marin restored to it's previous glory and may i suggest some helitape to cover the decals which you should find available on ebay ..

I have worked on two Marin Bear Valley's recently, both have been passed onto new and happy owners :)

Here's one:

GEDC1109.jpg

hello guys,
Could you tell me how (where) the Beaver Valley stands for touring (fully loaded) compared to other frames from the 90's like the Muirwoods? How the frame will behave and why?
Thanks

Back