What Not To Do? Here come the MTB Style Police

ringo":3pzpxvq6 said:
Why no love for post Zolatone Marins?

I'm currently restoring a nickel plated Orange P7 and having done a 94 Team Issue previously, i can confirm that the plated finish of the Marin was massively better than the P7... In similar spec, I'm sure the P7 was more expensive BITD...

And Marins 93 colour schemes are uber cool. 93 Eldridge anyone?

I've committed a few of the faux pas mentioned... but hell - that all part of learning what works!
As good as the brand wad up until 95 or so, they just became too mainstream. I mean, how awesomely geeky was it to have a paint finish rich in PTFE to reduce mud build-up? Once they dropped that the product became much like any other, relying increasingly on their Californian heritage to appeal to punters, an that's about as cool as.a.Taiwanese Dawes.

I don't know if this counts but I really cant see why anyone would fit any other seat than a Flite on a Retro bike. It's so sad to see beautiful bikes ruined by these enormous pre Flite seats.

...and from another perspective........I don't agree with the style police who claims that all bikes has to be built with amber walls and no bar-ends.

I hate amber walls....and bar-ends are mandatory on any mtb!

:-D

marker":e3y0ux3n said:
If it works for you do it :)

Oh apart from dropper/road bars on an Mtb :twisted:
Like this? Not me! Posted on another of my threads.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 316

Latest posts

Back