FAQs

diditte911

Dirt Disciple
Got a tech question about wheelbuilding and wanted to post it in Bike F.A.Q. but can't. Why is this?

FAQ stands for "Frequently Asked Question", the emphasis being on "Frequently". Your question may be one that's asked often, but it may not be.
I'd suggest asking it in the Retro or 98+ section, where this is normally done. If it's common enough or very interesting, the forum owner or a moderator can move it to FAQ.

I know what FAQs mean... the problem is how does "it" know that my question is not a FAQ when I couldn't even type it?

perhaps I wasn't clear - there is no "new topic" button

I know what you mean.

"it" doesn't decide if your question should be in FAQ, the moderators do. When they notice that a question pops up more often or if there's a perfect answer that should solve any future questions regarding the subject, they can decide to move the topic to the FAQ. Threads can't be started there indeed, to avoid people cluttering the FAQ with questions that simply don't belong there.
Everyone asks their questions in Retro MTB chat, Retro Classic Road,Bike Chat 98 --> or Old school BMX, depending on what kind of bike it's aimed at.

Raging_Bulls":3800sfe7 said:
I know what you mean.

"it" doesn't decide if your question should be in FAQ, the moderators do. When they notice that a question pops up more often or if there's a perfect answer that should solve any future questions regarding the subject, they can decide to move the topic to the FAQ. Threads can't be started there indeed, to avoid people cluttering the FAQ with questions that simply don't belong there.
Everyone asks their questions in Retro MTB chat, Retro Classic Road,Bike Chat 98 --> or Old school BMX, depending on what kind of bike it's aimed at.

gotit thanx

Back