Orbit Frontier - Wholesome English goodness

Whatever colour you choose it has to be BRIGHT :cool:

Although... the baby blue has a certain 80's appeal.

As for the build, you can always upgrade bits as funds / availability allow. The combination of the RB classifieds and the bay have provided me with a bundle of stuff for my 'stable'.

Also, never underestimate the power of a wanted ad, I have had some real results that way. ;)

Another new member of the Orbit owner's club signing up.

Really looking forward to seeing that frame with fresh paint, love the lugs and the wrap around seat stays.

Good tip with the coke, no wonder that stuff gives me heartburn :shock: .

was8v":18v0f0jj said:
Here is my Orbit 531 again for a bit of inspiration:
1CVBph.jpg

raidan73":18v0f0jj said:
So it was me who got the one from Ebay recently. This is how it looked when I got it.
CFD0F344-4275-4821-9078-CEF2419A5218-213-0000002253870549.jpg

Bright colors definitely the way ahead...

I have the same Solida chainset in my spares box. You can have it if yours is buggered. That said this fame is screaming Deore II/ mt-60 to me

xxnick1975":urgnhyjx said:
I have the same Solida chainset in my spares box. You can have it if yours is buggered. That said this fame is screaming Deore II/ mt-60 to me

Thanks Nick. Will find out this week the state of the chainset. Will report back then.

A whole Bank Holiday weekend to think about what to use in the build vs how much bling vs age related stuff vs availability vs budget. :evil:

Still, it'll be back soon and then you can crack on with it.

Meanwhile, I'll be sitting here, waiting for an e-mail, with a big pile of parts, and no frame. :facepalm:

Ha ha! Hopefully can get it to powder coaters end of the week ready for my return from holiday on 20th

Great to see another Orbit on here :cool: a little earlier than mine, from before they expanded the range.

xxnick1975":u7espr9x said:
That said this fame is screaming Deore II/ mt-60 to me

Agreed. I would go with this great combination of function and form, not to pricey to get and the frame deserves better than it was equipped with :D

I sometimes wish I'd kept mine the original yellow!

I remember wanting one of these way back whenever. Cool looking bikes.

Are you going to add slots to the cable guides - I'd be tempted if you're getting it painted anyway.

Latest posts

Back