rBoTM April 2013 - Nominations Please

Could anyone tell me why my wife laughed when i showed her the other bikes? I think it has something to do with picture quality....

Richard

Was she laughing at theirs or yours? :)

Not many entries for this month yet. Come on guys you've had a few nice days to get out there polishing up your pride and joy....

Tel":1z17ef8q said:
Was she laughing at theirs or yours? :)

Not many entries for this month yet. Come on guys you've had a few nice days to get out there polishing up your pride and joy....

are we allowed to enter bikes with modern groupset,s like the ALAN ? and then post more than two pictures? or have the rules changed since i last looked in here?

Well only two pictures should be entered (hatarmar your thread has had some pictures removed) however rule 16 states:

"Please ensure the frame (and ideally components) is vintage/retro/classic (certain special month excepted)."

Are there any rules about professional pics? :D :D :D

I was in contact with some guy called Lord Litchfield (i don't think that is his real name) and he refused to take pics of my bike - i even offered him a beer to do it - odd chap really.

Richard

TGR":cpt1jqok said:
Are there any rules about professional pics? :D :D :D

I was in contact with some guy called Lord Litchfield (i don't think that is his real name) and he refused to take pics of my bike - i even offered him a beer to do it - odd chap really.

Richard

Shame you live so far away Richard, you could bring your bike down to the studio I hired in Yeovil and I'd snap some pics of your bike like I did of mine...I'm surprised no one has yet asked me how I got the bike to balance for the photos!

Martin

Hey Martin,

I wondered but then i thought - if you have professional photos you probably involved some form of magnetic field and Dr Brian Cox to keep it upright. My finances don't stretch that far!!

I should add - the bike really looks great and the pics are really good too.

Richard

Richard, to be fair the pictures aren't professional photos as I took them myself with my own gear and then did all the post production on Photoshop at home. Of course the studio and the lighting gear was hired by the hour but I felt that with a new build bike it's only clean and blemish free for a short time so best get some decent shots of it.

No clever physicists involved in making it stand up on its own - I used a Park HCW-4 bottom bracket tool between the BB shell and the left hand crank which propped it up nicely. I then removed all evidence of it in Photoshop!

Martin

LOL Photoshop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might photoshop a full DA gruppo shortly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Thanks for the tips but i can not even cope with a basic digital camera nevermind photoshop. Just wait til i tell my wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOOOLOLOL

Your pics are really good, photoshop or not, and the bike is great, i am avoiding asking people for votes to keep it fair, but there is a dark horse if you look below yours!!!!! And his background makes me jealous!!! I need to get my grass cut soon or my next pics will have a jungle feel.

Good luck in rBOTM,

Richard

Latest posts

Back