No Konas in the MOMBAT collection?

yo-Nate-y":3w1txv8p said:
If that is your reading of what took place in this thread then you are probably better off sticking with a Kona.

Ahh the classic half witty put down! The need of some for one-upmanship is always entertaining.

If you only have space for a few cars in the garage, do you buy a bunch of Mini's or the Aston and the Ferrari?

Nothing wrong with collecting the Mini's but wouldn't you rather have the Ferrari? And won't the city come and tow the cars away if they sit on the public street for too long unattended and not driven. Won't your neighbors get a bit irritated looking at them every day parked in front of their house.

Now if you have the passion but limit yourself to a few bikes in the garage, wouldn't you continue to trade up as long as you can afford to and enjoy the process? Or do you just gather more and more pretty good bikes until the garage is overflowing and your wife leaves you because of the mess. One of my first collectors was my Ku. It was a fun bike to ride, restore, and share for several reasons. Since then I have traded up (in my opinion) to a different bike. It doesn't mean I don't like nice Kona's. It just means I am passionate about restoring old bikes, am limited by space and funds and would rather have about ten nice bikes as opposed to 50 decent bikes. I have no doubt there are people out there that would gather my humble collection, ebay it all and parlay the cash into one sweet ride. My goal is just to continue to trade up until I no longer have fun with the process.

This is such a simple concept. Why the hassle.

I assume FFB has no Kona's because they are limited on space and haven't been offered the right deal for a keeper.

Why should Kona be FF? What have their bikes done? What innovations?

roc6839":v2oz9tc8 said:
Why should Kona be FF? What have their bikes done? What innovations?

Hmm, I didn't realize that every bike in the Mombat collection had "done" something or was innovative in some way...I guess I need to have a closer look :roll:

drystonepaul":dt6ua378 said:
lewisfoto":dt6ua378 said:
then again they can't own every bike...

I think the answer was in the opening post.

The MOMBAT collection is only about 300 strong, which isn't a huge number considering the vast number of brands and models that there are out there. It's not surprising that many brands aren't well represented or are not there at all. As and if the collection expands then this may not always be the case.

I don't think that the current omission should be taken as a comment on the Kona brand at all and I certainly don't think that it should be used as an excuse to have a spat on the interweb.

Play nicely...

This.

Has anyone actually asked the FF chap why no Konas?

Back