Jason McRoy's Salsa ala carte

Monster build thread - :cool: Puts my A la Carte build to shame. The Salsa Review with the A La Carte held up between boulders is what drew me to Salsa. Iconic - Looking forward to more build news :D

Blindingsun":2gqo0343 said:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/download/file.php?id=107292

that's Dave Hemming btw. just sayin :p

Take another look my friend....

Any further progress for us....? any thing for us too see yet...? :cool:

Especially interested to see the work Si did for you, especially the paint...? Before he departed for pastures new, he was carefully mapping the original paint i believe....? he always struck me as a man who was thorough...!

Quick update.

I finally got the frame back of Si after a year ! and now need to get it painted. He started but did'nt finish. So I need to get the powder coat stripped as it's chipped and not even.

I was looking at using graphic shack that you have used. What do you think ?

Re:

Bit of an update.... Been working loads over the last year and bought a new car so my time has been spent driving ;-)

I need to find a set of dura ace cranks and the right handle bars then I'm there on parts.

The biggest job is finding a shop to repaint the frame with the brushed jelly beans. I think there is another bike builder/painter in bristol other than Argos but don't know their name.

Anyone got any ideas................

Re:

Does 11 years class as a long term project :D

I hope everyone is safe and well in these strange times.

Well, as we all isolating as best we can I’ve got the chance to go through boxes and bikes thinning the crop and finding parts etc for bikes I’m keeping and selling.

For the last 5 years I’ve bought parts here and there putting them in boxes in the garage. Now I’ve unpacked I’ve realised I’ve got most of the parts to finish all the bikes I’m keeping.

I’ve decided to follow the pictures / spec that originalshinkicker kindly posted.

I’m working on the paintwork which will be done soon and I’m getting Argos cycles to refit the rack/mudguard fixing that was removed.

All the other Ali parts are going to acorn for refinishing.

I’ve got a nukeproof front hub but it’s 28 hole , any ideas what the rim is in the pic, I’ve got a none describe dark rim but it’s not right.

I do need a ti USE post , I’ve fitted and ali one for the time being. I need a set of salsa pro bars, I’ve fitted a specialized set for the time being

Attachments

• A3C89E29-393B-4056-85AB-B129ED897A22.jpeg
    A3C89E29-393B-4056-85AB-B129ED897A22.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 9AC92E57-9363-4128-A209-5C26DC16F781.jpeg
    9AC92E57-9363-4128-A209-5C26DC16F781.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 179
Re:

Great to see this resurface and have enjoyed reading the thread again. Loads of names popped up that used to be on here all the time but no longer post.

Will watch this with great interest. :cool:

Back