The ultimate RETROBIKE related car reg'

captaincosmic":2a07wmpl said:
or try to find...

B1 KER (probably owned by a world superbike rider)

I saw this last year on a baby blue Rolls Royce convertible, at the Milford traffic lights off the A3, driven by some hairy git who probably was indeed a world superbiker...

captaincosmic":bn8sua9a said:
On the contrary a private plate is invaluable to hide the age of ones car allowing it's use for longer in a situation where your customer / client makes assumptions about your success based upon the age of your car.
So it actually saves you money in the long run

AS long as it a proper plate, relevant to you or your business. If you have 7s trying to be Ts or black splodges making H out of 11, they'll just think you're a twat

captaincosmic":9ttwq3kk said:
On the contrary a private plate is invaluable to hide the age of ones car allowing it's use for longer in a situation where your customer / client makes assumptions about your success based upon the age of your car.
This only works for salesmen/women or those who need to have a new car to prove they are good at something that in general most could do if they forgot about morals and thought nothing about others and had a singular desire to impress/hit a target set by someone of similar moral fibre, but older. ;)

ishaw":3du8hxlx said:
captaincosmic":3du8hxlx said:
This only works for salesmen/women or those who need to have a new car with a swanky plate to prove they are good at something that in general most could do if they forgot about morals and thought nothing about others and had a singular desire to impress/hit a target set by someone of similar moral fibre, but older. ;)

I am a designer who works for millionaire clients
I can't afford a new car every year and as I do more than 50k miles a year I can't get a lease car
If I pitch up on the drive of their house driving a cheap car on old plates they will think i am not worthy of their time
Designing and selling on quality but buying cheap an economical myself would send the wrong message.
As for morals I probably work harder than you and earn less and take your comments as an insult designed to hurt which they have

I have a simple not 'swanky' plate that spells my surname it cost me £450 and aid for itself on the first car I used it on ten years ago.

Yikes, if its that easy to offend, even with a smiley emoticon at the end, which i was lead to belive signified some form of light hearted, just joking style comment, then please accept my apologies. I hope I'm not responsible for some form of self harm that may have been committed before my apology ;)

I'm actually a little creeped out, seeing as we have never met or discussed such things digitally, how do you know this:

As for morals I probably work harder than you and earn less

I have had that feeling of being watched lately, was it you, admit it. At least I know who keeps chewing my pens and putting them back in my drawer at work. You didn't intercept a package containing some judys, king headsets and a few other things either did you ;) ;) ;) :p

Now back to number plates.

A wiser person once said it is easier to make friends than enemies but since you are trying sooo hard it would be rude of me not to oblige you
Now kindly can i request with a smiley face of course that we keep our differences off line and be kind enough to introduce yourself to me when the opportunity arises and we can resolve your need to belittle me in any way you choose

Latest posts

Back