Tulstar - A confession and an apology

Have to admit I'm surprised in two ways. Firstly that you admitted to that, fair play I suppose as there was no money owing and parts were received where due. Secondly that it wasn't spotted and the new user id banned straight away. I don't know the forum software but I would have thought there would be a way to flag up suspect IP's, so unless you had moved and your ISP and IP changed i'm surprised another registration from your IP address wasn't spotted.
Anyway you didn't fleece me (you didn't respond to my PM) and you seem to have gone out of your way to make amends so fair play to you.

Carl.

fair do's keep up the good work.

As an aside, this is the difference between digital avatar members and known riders, at least you can physically gauge somebody's integrity.

Also, any sudden shift in account details such as member name does bring a certain lack of trust. But, you are building on that now, fair enough.

You see, some folk have done the alter ego thing when options have been exhausted on other forums. i.e kicked off and creep back as they realise they have lost an outlet for trade.

Not that any of the above attaches to you or the case history, just an explosion of the matter to help us all understand the dynamics of these situations.

peace. :cool:

Russell":3rq4qsj8 said:
I hope for the Guv'nors sake, that he got this call right.

I'm. Sure he has, I karma'd a seat post and took a few days to post and panicked he got it though and was happy but I know how it is easy to get into difficulty

Alison

IP addresses mean little, the minority are on fixed.

Mac addresses can be spoofed/altered.

Nice to see someone putting hands up without need.

Respect!

highlandsflyer":3s7ybrv5 said:
IP addresses mean little, the minority are on fixed.

Mac addresses can be spoofed/altered.

Nice to see someone putting hands up without need.

Respect!
Whilst it's true that MAC addresses can be spoofed they are completely irrelevant unless you're on the same subnet. If you arp an off subnet IP address, all you'll get is the MAC address for the interface of the next hop.

Plenty of "respect" etc for someone who basically messed a lot of people around.. :roll: Respect for apologising....hmm.
To OP: Apology accepted, enough said. Actions speak louder and respect has to be earned. Hope you get it right this time.

RadNomad":px16f0ky said:
Plenty of "respect" etc for someone who basically messed a lot of people around.. :roll: Respect for apologising....hmm.
To OP: Apology accepted, enough said. Actions speak louder and respect has to be earned. Hope you get it right this time.

Well said :)

Hopefully the positive feedback I've got and the things I've given away since re-joining are going in the right direction :)

I'd have to say that after 2 1/2 years of active service, good trading and fantastic karma's, he has more than served his dues, and all this should be forgotten by now

G

Back