How not to pack a bike!

I might but it looks too big for my daughter. Are you selling or teasing??

I was looking at new ones today - she is a bit small for them at the moment so i planned the retro one - but i have been pricing bits and pieces and it is costly!!! Like costly = same as adult bike (obviously without DA!!!!) I am guessing £200 for the refurb and that is provided i can source new cranks which are super short at 113mm.

Richard

Just teasing Richard, but you are right about the cost. Nearly better buying new. I actually saw a kids bike today in Wrays cycles (the autopart centre) Irvinestown. It had shimano handlebar mounted gear levers which i have never seen before and really looked the part. Didnt see a price tho. Maybe you could give them a call.....might work out less hassle and cost in the long run.

Decathalon in Belfast have one with those levers at £219. But it is too big for my needs. BB is stuck and i am fighting with it right now. Heading the the vice shortly!!

I have worked out the cheapest option - stretch my daughter another 6'' and problem solved!!!!

The above is a joke BTW - just in case some child protection person treats it seriously!! Nothing would surprise me LOL

Not trying to hijack the thread, but i bought a Peugeot girls road bike - a Sportive - to get the cranks from it for the Raleigh and it is in better condition than the Raleigh - so it is now the build not the Raleigh!!

biggs682":9fqgywr7 said:
had one turn up today just wrapped in packing film !!!

pics to follow

here is the pic , thankfully it survuved with just a split fr mudgaurd

Attachments

• wrapping1.JPG
    wrapping1.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 172
Lovely job!!! I wonder is it was the same seller as mine, although, in your case, it seems that the bits should not fall out!!!

Back