Tange DB chromo Al Carter frame

jaypee

Senior Retro Guru
Nice early 90s (91/2?) double butted Tange chromo steel frame. I'd say about 19-20" - forgot to measure, now in loft.

Bought as a donor bike but I've been bombing around on it these last few days and its really pretty nice: accelerates and climbs well and feels well balanced. Slightly too small so no question of keeping it.

Al Carter was the up-market version of Townsend so not always popular on here. I don't know whether that's justified but it seems pretty decent to me. At the end of the day it's made of decent steel in the same taiwanese factories as all the rest of the mid-range early 90s bikes which is what we're all (some of us anyway) after right? If Al Carter/Townsend didn't have racing pedigree (yes I have read THAT thread - most entertaining) then my brief acquaintance with it suggests they nicked the design and geometry from someone who did!

Little rust spots and cable rub but nothing serious and no dents.

Will come with as much of the following as you want: bottom bracket, seatpost (post moderne, very scratched) definitely, forks and headset maybe will know soon.

£20 plus postage and it might take me a while to get it to you - will only request payment when its ready to go!

Attachments

• IMAG1763-1.jpg
    IMAG1763-1.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 565
More piccies

Attachments

• IMAG1764-1.jpg
    IMAG1764-1.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 555
  • IMAG1765-1.jpg
    IMAG1765-1.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 555