Demon Frameworks mtb, pro pics on page 14! update 25/12/21

I used to have a Beetle in that color.

It looks industrial, yet warm.

I would be tempted long term to match the forks to the frame.

Brooks saddle would top it off sweetly too.

But I am guessing you bought it to ride the ass off it!

Truly scrumptious!

originally i was gonna use my reba forks from the clockwork and have them repsrayed to match the frame, this was when i was thinking of paint as opposed to copper, then i realised the fork stanctions were worn hence buying the new fork, but i am on the look out for a used reba (for the crown/stanction assembly as they're stoooopid money new) so that i can try and match them to the frame but i don't know if the copper finish will work on rock shox lowers as aren't they still a magnesium alloy mix? will that plate like steel? i don't know.

:)

they will fizz away in the tank if you electroplate forks lowers mate and the copper would react with it in the long run too metal work 101 :cry: :cry:

sorry mate aerocoat are offering something they call the chrome finish all shades covered including copper but in a chrome looking finishing and its hard to tell chrome from the powdercoat when they put too bits side by side as i said all metal colour finishes can be done they just call it chrome though :roll: if you get it done bring the bike up my neck of the woods and il introduce you to the owner adam ;)

so the brakes are bled and the the position has been tweaked to suit, it'll probably need a few more tweaks during it's first proper ride but for now the testride up and down the street was awesome, really smooth and it rolls so well, i felt at home on it straight away :cool: :D

anyway here's some closer up pics, and thanks alot for the good comments

:D

Attachments

• df5.jpg
    df5.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 710
  • df4.jpg
    df4.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 710
  • df3.jpg
    df3.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 710
jonnyboy666":2fqx8lqf said:
i won't be putting my logo stickers on but i am gonna something on there in a subtle place. :D

You succeeded, that is a very subtle place ;) I like that...

Latest posts

Back