The BMX Introduce Yourself Here Thread

Hey all I'm Hayley im currently restoring a BMX not sure what it is as of yet (see my thread) also have a raleigh burner mk2 currently living in my house (belongs to my fella) :) also into the vw scene too, have a '59 beetle and a g60 corrado.

Hi there, Mark here, new to Retrobikes forum keen family cyclist with 2 chidren aged 5 and 8 and at least 5 kids bikes and 1 for myself soon to be 2. I am 51 and have to say the BMX scene completly passed me by in my youth assuming it was around at all. Both my children love BMX at our local skate park. Have them equipped with bikes that at last can take the punishment. My son is at the age where he now finds dad a nusiance standing around especially when we are in the company of "teenagers" which he loves of course!

I came over from the numerous BikeRadar forums which i am a avid reader of but i contribute little!

Starting to realize with so many bikes and the inevitable wear and tear, that a bit of home maintenance is not only great fun but saves me a fortune as well as being able to source everything online mainly e bay at a fraction of the cost of my LBS.

I have the inevitable what bike is it and how much is it worth questions that i hope to post tonight in the correct threads, hopefully. Thanks for your time, Mark

Hello all , I'm john I have been looking around the old bmx's sites for a few years now and thought I'd better register, My bmxing was all done in the early to mid 80s, and I probably averaged 2 bikes a year due to them getting stolen. I still have 2 bikes which I'm thinking of restoring a little bit when I get the time. I have been picking up parts for a few years now from mainly vw festivals.

Hello all. I have been around retrobike for around a year, and as someone who loves all bicycles, have frequented both the road and mtb sections. During this time, I have got my hands on a GT Tempest, a Marin Muirwoods, a Raleigh record Sprint, and an Evans Super Tourist.

But I can't forget where it all began, with my Raleigh Burner.

The Burner went years ago, think it got thrown out during my adolescence, a big regret. Anyway, I have just been give a Haro BMX, and despite my first bike I know nothing about BMX. So I thought it would be good to get involved here, and learn something new!

I am hoping to post pics of the Haro soon, it might be a piece of old rubbish for all I know, but I am planning to get it back to useable condition, as something different for me.

:D

Welcome in ;)

A bmx is bmx - you make it what it is - if it's rough and it works and you get fun from it ;) and if then you want to rebuild it at any level, will that's even more fun ;)

cheers B ;)

Just thought I'd say hi in the bmx section now that I've acquired an old diamond back ignitor frame n forks via a rather strange set of circumstances..... :roll:

Just to sighn in to this section as its where my roots grow from.
I was always into racing BMX budget style never made any local nationals but always did well local, so my style was keep it light, low and fast. Got to be 87-91 ish no Skyways on my bikes, skinnys and as much alloy I could get at the time even drilled my skinny rims and bent em every race (dad worked at BAE highly skilled and use of CNC machines,compact disk chainrings before they were even invented!!!to heavy? )
Anyway I havent got no pics or bits left but Im still highly intrested in the BMX world.
Thanks Daz

Back