Demon Frameworks mtb, pro pics on page 14! update 25/12/21

the fact that i know it is being built is awesome, i really hope it is ready for mayhem, i figured i might aswel post updates about parts choices as i got the bits, mainly so people may get an understanding of my parts choices aswel, everyone likes different bits for different reasons, my theme for this is silver parts mainly, hubs, post, stem, clamp, brakes etc. but the idea is to keep things matching in places, so xtr gearset etc.

should be a lovely build though, it's a long time since i have built a complete bike from nothing, all new (well apart from the brakes)

Jon,

Quick question and please don't take it the wrong way but why a layback post with a custom frame?

Like I say no offense intended just curious as surely reach will be fine tuned by the builder.

Looking forward to seeing this at mayhem - great choice of components :)

lay back or not lay back? hmm, well honestly i'm not really sure.

the geometry for this frame is based on my clockwork but with a 10mm longer toptube, the clockwork has a layback post and that feels fine, so i decided to have that the same. worst case i just get an inline post if it feels a little long.

the clockwork is a little short for me so i have a 100mm stem on it, so this extra 10mm in the toptube and a 100mm stem on the demon should be fine, i expect this bike to be a little more 'racey' than the clockwork, i'll be using a riser bar but one that is shallower than i currently use aswel.

hopefully the build will be somewhere between race-bike and day-ride bike :)

the shifters arrived this morning, xtr, lush! :D

Attachments

• xtr shifters.jpg
    xtr shifters.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 953
got some pics people!!! :D :D

i went to see Tom on friday, he casually said, "oh, these are your dropouts, oh and this is the front end" :D :D

currently the front end of the frame is finished, the cnc chainstay is made, the drop outs are made, so basically it's putting the rear end together. Tom seems to be really enjoying doing this frame, which is brilliant as far as i am concerned, it's something quite different for him as he mainly does road and fixie frames with pretty set geometry so this is quite a change for him. but i'm sure you will agree that these pictures show the quality of his work. remember this is all hand made and cut, filed and shaped by Tom. he has no employees, everything is done by him, by hand except the cnc stuff but he programs that all himself then finishes it by hand.

anyway here's a couple of pics :cool:

Attachments

• demon1.jpg
    demon1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 895
  • demon2.jpg
    demon2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 895
here's another, and something to give you an idea of Tom's sense of humour! (and yes it did happen!) :LOL:

Attachments

• demon4.jpg
    demon4.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 892
  • demon3.jpg
    demon3.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 892
more parts have arrived recently, so i thought i'd chuck a pic on, xtr 10speed rear mech and a load of shiny bolts! :D

front mech and tyres are on the way, the only things i haven't got now (other than the frame) are grips, saddle and the royce hubs, the hubs will be purchased after my trip to the alps as the turbo on the van bill was a grand!! :shock: :shock: which meant no hubs yet!

i can't wait for you guys to see what it will look like, i already know and i have seen it in it's current state

Attachments

• xtr rear mech.jpg
    xtr rear mech.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 844
Back