A bit of neon from Japan, the Kuwahara project...

Looks great with the forks as is don't change them!
And I'm probably the only one who would use a silver groupo by the sounds of it!

Tc

Nader":1dhryntz said:
nevadasmith":1dhryntz said:
I'd build it with full Deore XT with as may black parts (brakes/cranks/hubs etc) as you can find and black anno rims with some nice skinwall tyres :D

is also good idea! with black xt 730/732 hubs and panaracer or ritchey skinwalls
(but perhaps now is the time for anything else! suntour, campa or mavic)

Yeah - maybe - but it won't work as well ;)

It's gonna look great either way :D

it was yesterday

kuw18.jpg

a small part came today, a silver XT seatpost and is already mounted..

kuw19.jpg

kuw20.jpg

kuw21.jpg

kuw22.jpg

kuw23.jpg

kuw24.jpg

..well what do you think? :? (the Salsa is not part of the game! therefore I am looking for a stem in silver or pink, or maybe pink and purple :LOL::LOL: )

i love it! very unique. the salsa stemlooks perfect on it imho, i thinks its a good match. nice to let the frame and fork do all the loud talking, and the other parts not compete with that..

I think my next job is to buy this fork a little colour, the result of PhotoShop looks promising :LOL::?

kuw25.jpg

and it looks even better with a black set..

kuw26.jpg

kuw27.jpg

by the way, I think this is the same kuwahara Gepard of 1990 (the special Alu edition)

kuw-gepard.jpg

Nader":3bs7yh3v said:
and it looks even better with a black set..

Yes it does - I was going to offer you one but it looks like you have it covered!

Never seen a Silver XT seatpost before - were they a 'special edition' or just very rare?

Interesting to see the 'fast back' style seat stays on an auminium bike.

nevadasmith":20l47kwp said:
Never seen a Silver XT seatpost before - were they a 'special edition' or just very rare?
I think that wasn't a special edition but the silver XT is just very rare. There is no model number on it, a 730th? :?

kuw28.jpg

right now I am looking for the black of this brakes ;)

kuw29.jpg

Back