Jason McRoy's Salsa ala carte

I see this thread is a little dated now, but I'll throw this up and hopefully it helps.

This is my mid 90's ala carte. It came rigid with switchblade forks originally. Full xt groupo and rapid-fire's.

Stem, salsa bars, ritchey seatpost, xt v-brakes, rear xt derailleur are original. The original seat and rims were destroyed in a rib breaking accident from my fathers downhill escapades.

Forgive me for having no clipless pedals and the terrible rear tire. It was used as an indoor trainer for my gf and I this winter.

Original Build

I actually built all of Jason's Salsa bikes at Denton Cycles in Newcastle. Jason would regularly walk in with a frame, forks, a bag of new bits and a bag of freshly broken bits. He was such a demanding person to build for but I really really enjoyed it.

Attachments

• Salsa Jason Mcroy Build.jpg
    Salsa Jason Mcroy Build.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,299
  • Salsa Jason Mcroy .jpg
    Salsa Jason Mcroy .jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,292
Re: Original Build

originalshinkicker":hoxh1pds said:
I actually built all of Jason's Salsa bikes at Denton Cycles in Newcastle. Jason would regularly walk in with a frame, forks, a bag of new bits and a bag of freshly broken bits. He was such a demanding person to build for but I really really enjoyed it.

Stunning bikes and pics :cool:

Did JMC ride smallish frames for his height ?, read somewhere he was over 6' tall, all his bikes look like 18" frames

Awesum.

I cant wait to finally see this finished, have you got the frame back from Si yet, last i heard he was mapping the paint for an exact match, but that was quite a while ago.?

jimihendrix":2wlksfbu said:
originalshinkicker":2wlksfbu said:

Did JMC ride smallish frames for his height ?, read somewhere he was over 6' tall, all his bikes look like 18" frames

Jason was about the same height as me, I'm 6ft and those salsa frames were perfect size, nice and long too.

Attachments

• FrontView.jpg
    FrontView.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,206

originalshinkicker":236003rx said:
jimihendrix":236003rx said:
originalshinkicker":236003rx said:

Jason was about the same height as me, I'm 6ft and those salsa frames were perfect size, nice and long too.

Thanks for posting these pics originalshinkicker really good to see them :D

I had a shot at making a replica JMC Salsa:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=159580

Mine I based on a article in a MBUK Are those STI shifters that are on the last pic you posted? It looks like he changed the spec on his bikes a fair bit trying out new stuff.

I'd like a nice DD for mine but finding one at a time when I have money and one that looks ridable hasn't happened yet! Missed a good one the other day :(

Got any more pics? :D

Latest posts

Back