Freecycle 531 Raleigh

Saturday night's effort. Extra pic quality for 4:23am, listening to Radio Le Mans :D

IMG_7016.JPG

IMG_7017.JPG

Bit of a mini rebuild: new jockey wheels in the derailleur with ball bearings, clean and repack of all the bearings including bb, wheel rebuild with stainless double butted spokes, new black Michelin Pro 3's and tubes, new cables, back to drop bars with black wraps, polished stem, polished seatpost.

Gone with all the bright red stuff, in with stealth black kit. Should suitably disappear into the background in this guise, which is the intention. Only giveaway is the 531 sticker near the bb. She was getting a bit tired and needed the rebuild. Now it's ready for some mileage. Just need to put a few miles on next week so I can give the wheels a final tweak before L2B next weekend.

Jonny,
Looking better in black than the orginal frame colour.
Regarding the pink tape, I've noticed your old school way of wrapping the bar tape. just my opinion but if you rolled back the lever hood in conjunction with the 2 to 3 inch lengths that normally come with tape wrapped around the lever clamp, then wrap the main stuff, it would look better, as you then don't see any of the bars peeeking through the tape.

That's a great idea! I might redo them before the weekend to iron out some lumps, so I'll do that at the same time.

Latest posts

Back