1992 GT Team Avalanche FINISHED

Wow, thanks for all the positive comments guys. I hope I do it justice cos it really is a great frame.

merckx":1tac1k32 said:
lovely! not to sound picky, though i guess it is, the non drive side "GT All Terra" i suspect is not quite right, in that the All Terra is supposed to read to the right of the GT not the left

Great knowledge and a great eye, I did not notice that but I am pretty sure you are correct. Not that it is an issue of course.

I am not sure whether to have the fork decals in white or yellow at the moment :?

Am almost decided on the flip flop stem, it's just finding the correct one that is the issue. It would be colour matched of course.

a flip flop would be perfect! it would also look great if it was black, it would match your seatpost nicely

stickers

merckx":ekjxn6xa said:
lovely! not to sound picky, though i guess it is, the non drive side "GT All Terra" i suspect is not quite right, in that the All Terra is supposed to read to the right of the GT not the left.

looks to be clear coated now, so not really changeable anyhow...

The 3D forks had the small vertical stack GT logo adjacent the bosses, and then the "3D" logo on the frpnt faces, just above the dropouts.

28082010204ba0u.jpg

The drive-side decal is correct and is the same layout exactly as it was before the respray ;)

Looking good Duke. Really looking forward to seeing this built up.

Great frame and awesome colour!

You have a 1992 frame and fork so you should go for a 1992 stem as well. It looks like this:

another_flip_flop_162.jpg

(C) legrandefromage (this stem is now with me)

You should really get the stem painted in frame and fork colour.

I have a very similiar project: I got a 19inch 1992 GT Psyclone frame which is getting a re-paint at the moment. I will try to get the original yellow. As I did not find the matching 3D-forks I took the similar 2x4-forks. I will also get the flip-flop-stem repainted in matching colours but will probably try to use some turquoise Ringle stuff.

I will also use the XT U-Brake and probably build the rest up with XTR900.

The 1992 Team Avalanche had the same setup, I think:

dsc07685_506.jpg

(c) gm1230126

Sounds like a beauty! I wish I could find a stem like that and get it painted to match the frame.

Until then I am going to make do with a prestige Tioga I think.

I have the Xt u brake and will also be going for m900 :cool:

Very nice. I've got only "standard" 92 Avalanche in blue colour from new. It's battered to death but still rides so sweet.
As much as I like M900, I think full XT and thumbies would suit this bike better. But if you decide go that route anyway, I've got M900/Mavic 237 wheels and front M900 canti set if you looking for some.

Radoslaw":1w90jywv said:
As much as I like M900, I think full XT and thumbies would suit this bike better

Hey Radoslaw, I am looking forward to riding this, quite when that will be in not too sure :LOL:

As for spec, at the moment I am leaning toward M900 mechs and front cantis, and XT u-brake (as per original spec) with XT thumbies and brake levers (original was M900 levers/shifters).

Wheel wise I am keen to match the original Araya RM20's in black or dark ano, originally was M900 hubs but I am open to others here. No rush. :cool:

Back