Isle of Wight ride, 11/3/12 aftermath on page 5

Yesssss... work have given me the time off and I'm definitely coming down to the IOW :D :D :D

Q: Is it a strictly retro-ride?

Reason I ask is that I need to spend a few hours on any retrobike before ride-able and I'm a bit pushed for time so I might be forced to ride modern.

chiswickcollectables":121fomht said:
Yesssss... work have given me the time off and I'm definitely coming down to the IOW :D :D :D

Q: Is it a strictly retro-ride?

Reason I ask is that I need to spend a few hours on any retrobike before ride-able and I'm a bit pushed for time so I might be forced to ride modern.

I will be riding just about the most un-retro bike possible! I do have a broken right index finger as my excuse though ;)
The mate I'm bringing along will be riding modern too

awesome craig, will be good to have you there, modern or retro, i don't get worried about it. each to their own! :D

besides, has anyone EVER seen heathy ride retro? ;)

Ah the pressure is off.... my thoughts were strictly Retrobike riders on Retrobike bikes.

Really looking forward to this little jolly... see you Sunday chaps :D

had a couple of BIG GIRLS BLOUSES pull out! :LOL:

should still be a good turn out though :D

and just to remind you the ferry sails at 10am!!

meaning to sort your bike and get kitted up and buy a ticket you need to be there by 930am! as they load at 950am.

please don't be late GUS! HEATHY! :LOL:

details for the satnav:-

Lymington Pier Ferry Terminal
Lymington Pier
Undershore Road
Lymington, SO41 5SB

there are 2 car parks, 1 at the terminal itself, hopefully there should be enough room for all of us but also another one in a field just 50yds past the entrance to the terminal on the left hand side.

look forward to seeing you all! :D

Got Tad hostage at mine tonight, so hopefully we'll head out early and be there in time.

Of course, riding retro.

:)

Errrmm :oops: I was looking forward to actually meeting some people from here, despite sorting time off work etc, I too am out :( (ish/maybe)

Unless....

One of you kind souls wouldn't mind PM'ing me one of your phone numbers so if I can get away from home and the kids at a reasonable time I could meet up with you somewhere along the trail or at half time pub stop then carry on the rest of the ride and i'll just bimble back to wherever I leave the car on my own :D

Back