The Lynskey Litespeed Group. Review and post a pic of yours.

Weight of my 1999 Litespeed Obed Build
Bottom Bracket: Race Face Square taper 225g
Brakes: Shimano XTR V brake 404g
Brake levers: Shimano XT brakre and shifters combo 385g
Cables: Shimano Deore XT 60g
Cassette: XTR Titanium 8 speed 12-28 250g
Chain: Sram PC59 297g
Crankset: Race Face Turbine LP Square taper & rings 626g
Derlr (Front): Shimano Deore XT 125g
Derlr (Rear): Shimano XTR 211g
Fork: Pace RC31 Carbon 730g
Frame: Litespeed Obed 18" inc. clamp 1520g
Grips: RITCHEY WCS foam 42g
Handlebar: Answer Hyperlite 165g
Headset: Hope + spacers 170g
Wheels Hope Ti Hubs Mavic 230, DT rev, alloy nips 1560g
Pedals: XTR Spuds 426g
Quick Releases: Ringle steel 128g
Bar Ends: Titec Carbon 100s 102g
Saddle: 1999 Selle Flite Ti 221g
Seatpost: Raceface XY 275g
Stem: Raceface Deus XC 120mm 135g
Tires: Continental 940g
Tubes: Air-B Latex 260g
TOTAL WEIGHT:9257 grams 20.4 lbs

...........and yes that does equate to a very lively, but still comfortable ride! ;)

shaun, thanks for the blog. I just got my LL (Lynskey Litespeed) in the mail today, very excited to get her on the trails. I think it's a '94 OCOEE. Will very likely start a thread on her in the Readers Bikes forum. cheers

shaun":38k95n28 said:
In conclusion, I would like to thank all who took time to reply for a very interesting debate. It has at least made me look into the brand and learn even more about it.

At the start, I knew I was fighting a losing battle thinking that the undervalued brand of Lynskey Litespeed might be seen as worth collecting and preserving as part of mountain bike history, but I honestly thought with all the intersting facts, quality, ultimate ride, history and knowledge about the brand, that I could win a few serious members over, but I think I was wrong.

This is the only bike in 20 years that I will ever keep for life and hand on to my son. I knew that it would never be seen as 'collectable' as other brands such as Kona, Klein etc. but I bet, if nothing else, its made you want to have a go on one some day to see what all the fuss is about!

Lastly, I would like to thank David Lynskey and his family in America for his love, dedication to quality and craftmanship in titanium frame building and for being one of the first pioneers along with Merlin way back in 1985.

THANKS DAVID, I FOR ONE 100% GET IT! :D :D :D

klasse":w5lh4u3e said:
shaun, thanks for the blog. I just got my LL (Lynskey Litespeed) in the mail today, very excited to get her on the trails. I think it's a '94 OCOEE. Will very likely start a thread on her in the Readers Bikes forum. cheers

Hi 'Klasse', firstly thank you for contacting me about this LL OCOEE and asking a few questions about it before buying as its always a pleasure to talk to fellow LL owners. :D It sure is a beautiful bike for the money and I personally think that you have bought very well. When you look at the condition and what it must have cost new, its a bargain! But, as you will realise when you hit the trails, its all about the ride and 'feel' with a bike like this. I look forward to reading your thread about what you think to it.
cheers and welcome to the exclusive Linskey Litespeed Club! ;)

bwhsh8r":bcev8uzs said:
I've bought some Look Fournales forks for my Litespeed. I'll post a pic once I get it out on a ride.

Just wondered how they would look on a Litespeed, so I found this pic on the net. OK its a newer Litespeed, but those Look forks look fantastic and suit the bike well. Will look forward to your review after a test run. :cool:

Attachments

• Litespeed Tanasi with Look Fournales Forks.jpg
    Litespeed Tanasi with Look Fournales Forks.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 3,153
shaun":2hmmy1gk said:
bwhsh8r":2hmmy1gk said:
I've bought some Look Fournales forks for my Litespeed. I'll post a pic once I get it out on a ride.

Just wondered how they would look on a Litespeed, so I found this pic on the net. OK its a newer Litespeed, but those Look forks look fantastic and suit the bike well. Will look forward to your review after a test run. :cool:

Awesome find! I really like the look of that one, I might have to get new decals too.... and possibly get a carbon or ti seatpost, and some xtr....
;)

p.s. Congrats klasse !!!

Looks like this could be the start of a little RETROBIKE sub group called the LLG (Lynskey Litespeed Group). ;) Look forward to future posts from 'bwhsh8r' and 'klasse' when you have had a chance to test your new purchases on the trail.

If any other RETROBIKE members have a Litespeed, please post a picture on here and become part of the exclusive LLG. Lets help start to spread the lurve for this undervalued wonderful part of Titanium Mountain bike history.

haha yes, exactly what I was thinking actually ;)

As far as the Fournales go.... they look like crap right now because I have 5 miles of individual spacers... but I just wanted to use them to see how long of a spacer I really need. Going to try out riding it and see how it goes... I definitely had enough trouble putting them on :(

Hi Shaun,
here is my Litesppeed. More at my web-site here below.
Cheers.

Attachments

• bike16.jpg
    bike16.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 3,080
Welcome to the Litespeed Group 'cbb'. :D
Thats a beautiful well equiped Sewanee that you have there. I have never ridden a FS Litespeed and it would nice to hear what you think to the bike and the ride compared to other bikes that you have owned.

Back