Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ Aftermath

back home now, big cuppa tea on the go, pizza and onion rings ordered from takeaway.... Really enjoyed getting back out on the bike again, even if it did try to kill me by dunking me unceremoniously in an ice cold stream. More later. Thanks to all who ran the ride and those who turned up and put up with my potty mouth :LOL:

Really great first National ride of the season. Many lovely bikes and it was good to meet new folk. Very happy Midlanders travelled back down the M6.

Thank you all for the route, the company, and the organisation.
:)

Andy B":265gsrux said:
Thanks to all who ran the ride and those who turned up and put up with my potty mouth :LOL:

It was entertaining to see the MTB God reacting in such a way. ;-) :-D

It did take my mind off all those bloomin rocky switchbacks though. Felt like they'd never end. :roll:

Looks like a great day, gutted not to make it in the end, but I was at the hospital with my mum, getting the all clear! :cool: :D :cool:

Cheers to everyone for the kind words over the last few weeks/months.

Now more pics please... ;)

Great ride today. Not home yet though as I'm staying with friends this evening.
Huge thank you to everyone who came along for the ride; it was a pleasure to meet you all.

I'll upload some photos and throw together some sort of ride report when I eventually get home properly.

And apologies for lying about the hills...

total epic ride today with some of the nicest guys i've ever met ;)

i loved every minute of it , hopefully me and the raleigh will be back down for more soon :cool:

The next time I'm thinking 'I can't be bothered, oh that's too far to drive, I'll not bother going' - I will remember today's ride.

drystonepaul, harrycrumb - seriously great ride you put on there. Cracking mix of natural and trail center, flowing rocky singletrack, fast descents - with my rose-tinted specs on, I could almost forget about the bloody climbs. A few pics:

Macretro start as they mean to go on
dscf1317d.jpg

10 seconds on the Massif, and Radek knows in his heart of hearts he will never buy a FAT ever again
dscf1320u.jpg

2nd stop of the ride - JimiHendrix caption competition
dscf1328e.jpg

SAGA - Tour of the Lakes 2012
dscf1331z.jpg

England - It's full of big scary holes. Spot the lunatic climbing it
dscf1335stitch.jpg

Grizedale - mince in the mud, or ride the rocks...
dscf1342ki.jpg

dscf1340sp.jpg

dscf1344j.jpg

dscf1348a.jpg

dscf1350n.jpg

dscf1353g.jpg

dscf1357.jpg

dscf1359n.jpg

dscf1364b.jpg

dscf1370o.jpg

More Grizedale
dscf1373n.jpg

dscf1375fa.jpg

dscf1376z.jpg

dscf1378a.jpg

dscf1380aq.jpg

dscf1389l.jpg

Grizedale - the horrible climb out
dscf1391ib.jpg

dscf1393i.jpg

dscf1399b.jpg

dscf1401r.jpg

dscf1402r.jpg

dscf1403v.jpg

dscf1406o.jpg

The Final Descent
dscf1413.jpg

dscf1415j.jpg

dscf1421b.jpg

dscf1426b.jpg

Gentlemen (and lady), an absolute pleasure to spend a Saturday in such fine company riding some excellent trails.

I'll post some more pics up later, bed the noo...

shame i couldn't make this one. I'll hopefully be a bit more organised next year

cracking pics so far...more please!

Cracking day/ride, thoroughly enjoyed it :), as Rob mentioned the rocky, switchback climb was a bit of a killer but on reflection was'nt too bad and the fast downhill towards the end made up for it :cool:, great to put faces to names.

Will be making more trips down south this year.

Many thanks to the organisers for a superb day ;)

As ever an epic ride :D
great company with some new faces too ,great to meet you guys from Scotland respect to you big eck for riding that Raleigh most of the way round :shock:
Sadly my rear brakes failed in the morning but I dont think it held me back too much as 20 year old cantis dont really work at the best of times.
thanks for organising a grand day out and I am looking forward to seeing you all again at Thetford the home of the bomb hole and flat out singletrack (emphasis on the flat) :LOL:

Back