1992 Funk Pro Comp

ez054098":19hh2vug said:
That is such a sweet frame. Though, I am not really feeling the white Bullseyes. IMO

That picture was a year ago and I have since then sold the Bullseye crank, so even though I didn't mind it I decided to go in a different direction. It probably be a Cook Bros crank even though I'm not completely sold on that one either.

David Gibson":3jhb7slj said:
ez054098":3jhb7slj said:
That is such a sweet frame. Though, I am not really feeling the white Bullseyes. IMO

That picture was a year ago and I have since then sold the Bullseye crank, so even though I didn't mind it I decided to go in a different direction. It probably be a Cook Bros crank even though I'm not completely sold on that one either.

That would be sweet.

I found some lime green shimano cable housing on ebay and I'm kind of contemplating buying it and installing on this frame. I drew some lime green lines on the picture to see if it looks ok. What do you think? hideous or not?

Attachments

• funkbulls_141b.jpg
    funkbulls_141b.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,260
Personally, no, black or white I suggest. The colours of the frame are so strong I think strong coloured cables will be too much and distract from their glory slightly :cool:

Let the frame do the talking David ! You could try white to match up with the decals but black will probably look best. Its upto you though if you fancy doing something different.

I think you could get away with white outers. You should redraw it and leave the bits where the inner cable shows blank. It won't detract from the paint job.

I have a soft spot for Funks. Especially Funks with Fat forks :D

Good luck with it, looking forward to seeing this progress.

David Gibson":368aqtju said:
I found some lime green shimano cable housing on ebay and I'm kind of contemplating buying it and installing on this frame. I drew some lime green lines on the picture to see if it looks ok. What do you think? hideous or not?
Here's my vote: :cool:
I say Dare to be Different. Don't go with the status quo if you want to stand out from the crowd.

Maybe even a neon green rear tire to accentuate the elevated chainstays? (keep the front tire black, though).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-PAIR-HOT-NEON ... 2eb73ef654

Maybe some green brake shoes for the rear? (again, keep the front ones black).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BICYCLE-BRAKE-S ... 230df8cac1

All that green highlights the power going to the rear wheel.

Attachments

• Green Brake Shoes.jpg
    Green Brake Shoes.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,137
  • Neon Green MTB Tire.jpg
    Neon Green MTB Tire.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,137
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I found an beat up control tech seatpost and ringle seat skewer. Both were being produced in 1992 so they are time appropriate.

Attachments

• IM000919.JPG
    IM000919.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,119
Back