Just thought you might want a laugh at me...!

deelam

Retro Guru
I went out for a "small" ride on Sunday morning (feeling a bit green after over-indulging Saturday night - world cup an'all!) So we set off for a bimble round a local cycle route. Quickly getting bored with dodging the hoards of female joggers and dog-walkers, we noticed a trail off into the woods and so naturally being of the off-road persuasion we went off-road and found a great technical trail up through the woodlands. Even better, on reaching the top we found a bit of a "north-shore" style area with logs, ramps, jumps etc. We happily played around as children of 30 years + do on a sunday morning :D
but on leaving the area, which involved a rapid descent back down through the woods, whooping and yelling with unabounded glee, we got stopped dead in our tracks by the park ranger! :oops: That's right - 30 years old and I got a bollocking off the parkie!

To be fair, we shouldn't have been off the trail, although there were very few signs to back this up. We ate humble pie and apologised, promised never to do it again etc etc - turns out the parkie is a MTBer too and we ended up discussing how difficult it is find good places to ride locally. It's a shame that the creative talents of the kids who built the little "north-shore" are going to be wasted. Seems the local authorities would rather they turn into little hooded members of the ASBO brigade. "Oooh! Save the blue-bells from the evil mountain bikers!" :?

Seems the local authorities would rather they turn into little hooded members of the ASBO brigade. "Oooh! Save the blue-bells from the evil mountain bikers!"
Yeah that really pisses me off too, don't seem to want to provide a decent alternative for teenagers no wonder they end up sitting around town drinking.

Back