1992 Mountain Cycle San Andreas * Updated pics page 3

I was never much of a fan of these, but that was probably because I've only seen them with those long downhill forks. This one changed my opinion completely. Built as a XC, this looks really nice.

Might be looking for a San Andreas once the rest of my bikes is built. Too many projects going on right now.

Re: 1992? Mountain Cycle San Andreas

13":2xif2vm2 said:
Baulz":2xif2vm2 said:
Picked up something special to me, hardly been used in 20 years. I think it's a 92, can anyone confirm?

The fork does not move, and the red elastomer in the rear does not compress either. I found replacements for the front already, anyone know of a source for the rear? I searched for info on rebuilding as well and nothing so far.
Wow!! looks mint!
1992 the first ever production model!! note the water bottle mounts near the bottom bracket as opposed to on top of the front triangle, straight swingarm pivot clamps, fully disc bake only. you wont find that on any other san andreas!

RE; rear shock....... looks like the elastomers are fine, the red one is the firmest one of the 3 (black soft, grey med, red firm) designed to only compress under big impacts. should not compress just sitting on it. may need the inner dampner re-built. pretty much all you can do with them (swingarm pivot may need greese too) where did you find parts for the forks?

How did you get hold of this bike? pretty amazing find.

BTW i have pretty much the same bike just a later model, same forks brakes, shock and parts.

Look forward to seeing more pics!

A friend found it on a local classified site, we were amazed someone had the bike in our little town. Was told it had only been ridden about 10 times, and it shows.

I found the fork internals at suspensionforkparts.com but have not ordered anything yet, wanted to play around with the rear to cofirm it's ok first. The shock does not compress very much so I just assumed it had gone solid.

Baulz that is one sweet find. Am also on the lookout for an early San Andreas. But the with the age of that, the spec and the condition - that is one hell of a find you made there.

Awesome work and look forward to seeing this build progress.
Skinwall tyres for me too - Onza Porcs or Ritchey Z Max :D

A friend took some nice pics for me on the weekend.

MC1.jpg

MC3.jpg

MC2.jpg

MC4.jpg

Back