1992 Mountain Cycle San Andreas * Updated pics page 3

Thanks for all the nice comments and info about the year it was built. I hope to have some better pictures to share soon.

Re: 1992? Mountain Cycle San Andreas

Baulz":2ehkuqm6 said:
Picked up something special to me, hardly been used in 20 years. I think it's a 92, can anyone confirm?

The fork does not move, and the red elastomer in the rear does not compress either. I found replacements for the front already, anyone know of a source for the rear? I searched for info on rebuilding as well and nothing so far.
Wow!! looks mint!
1992 the first ever production model!! note the water bottle mounts near the bottom bracket as opposed to on top of the front triangle, straight swingarm pivot clamps, fully disc bake only. you wont find that on any other san andreas!

RE; rear shock....... looks like the elastomers are fine, the red one is the firmest one of the 3 (black soft, grey med, red firm) designed to only compress under big impacts. should not compress just sitting on it. may need the inner dampner re-built. pretty much all you can do with them (swingarm pivot may need greese too) where did you find parts for the forks?

How did you get hold of this bike? pretty amazing find.

BTW i have pretty much the same bike just a later model, same forks brakes, shock and parts.

Look forward to seeing more pics!

benbonty":tz6cd165 said:
Needs some amberwalls on there asap.... Then it'll be perfect! :cool:

What was stock on the bike?

I have some beat up 737's too, but it doesn't feel right putting them on with the rest of the bike being so mint. Maybe I can touch up the paint on them or my also beat up Onza's?

nutcase-retro":eebuskh9 said:
Specialized UmmaGumma, IM pretty certain was the stock rubber. If you can find some They’ll be a lot of dollar.

Frig I sold some a few years ago thinking I would never need them. Best I have for now is some dirty amberwall Conti's or Panaracer Magic's.

beautiful bike, what a pick up, well done. all MC aregreat looking bikes, but as others allude, these early ones are particularly special.

they are so progressive with respect to what other people were thinking a mtb should be at the time.

Baulz":33jsqwr5 said:
benbonty":33jsqwr5 said:
Needs some amberwalls on there asap.... Then it'll be perfect! :cool:

What was stock on the bike?

I have some beat up 737's too, but it doesn't feel right putting them on with the rest of the bike being so mint. Maybe I can touch up the paint on them or my also beat up Onza's?

No stock rubber, bike only came as a frame kit

Back