OVERBURYS.

sinnerman":30dhhd1w said:
We_are_Stevo":30dhhd1w said:
Great content there, I'm sure I should have been doing something else SWMBO would consider far more important while I read through the whole lot... :LOL:

A consequent link for any who haven't come across it yet: http://jacquiephelan.wordpress.com/about/

Cheers for that stevo, get your misses more involved bud, that way no grief, and we could all do with more female riders.... :cool:

Cheers posting the link too....,

P.s im really feeling your saracen, particularly the colour and build choices, Ritchey was a spot on choice imho.. :cool:

Cheers for the good words on mine, coming from one of the two members who consistently build the best looking bikes on here (in the UK at least) they carry a lot of weight :cool:

Can't quite believe myself how well it turned out following the initial moment of eBay madness :LOL:

Hardly dare spoil the effect by adding the link to her 'work in progress,' rather pink, Specialized so I won't... :oops:

Man V Horse V Bike 1990 results:

P1020002.JPG

Do we have this Overburys ad with the cool red decals on black frame already?

P1010992.JPG

Thank you for posting that , very interesting read too.... :cool:

I really would like to find as much as i can on the MAN v HORSE v BIKE race......pics would be brilliant.

Also....does anyone have a TBG kona Project 2 fork they would like to sell....??? obviously 1" threaded.... steerer tube length to follow....anything in any condition considered...????

some more info uncovered.. :cool:

Attachments

• overburymbiker19880004sml_235.jpg
    overburymbiker19880004sml_235.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,176
  • overburymbiker19880003sml_208.jpg
    overburymbiker19880003sml_208.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1,176
Rod, after reading this in a again, i hope you dont mind me enlarging it, i was really pleased to see that our very own girl racer (Sally Hibberd) had made a contribution to the article and was very pleased to see the mention of Zinn...... :cool: And a mention of Isla Rowntree (Zinn) in the fillies finishing results..... :cool: :cool: :cool:

A great extract from our own British history....,

Im a little fired up again....surely there is more on this race event for us to find though...?

Attachments

• P1020002.JPG
    P1020002.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 1,152
  • Overburys team rider, racing an e stay riddler malverns 1991.jpg
    Overburys team rider, racing an e stay riddler malverns 1991.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,152
  • sally_hibberd_malverns 1991.jpg
    sally_hibberd_malverns 1991.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,152
Watching this with interest - I take it the P2 request is for this frame? I was thinking about P2s (I reckon the original forks are bent) but found some Specialized Direct Drives for mine instead. Interested to hear you say that the forks were the Achilles heel. Haven't got round to putting it all together yet but have decals courtesy of Gil waiting too.

THANK YOU for putting that Muddy Fox ad up! Took me right back to the 'Eighties, that did! :LOL:

Rich34":3qpdoia9 said:
Watching this with interest - I take it the P2 request is for this frame? I was thinking about P2s (I reckon the original forks are bent) but found some Specialized Direct Drives for mine instead. Interested to hear you say that the forks were the Achilles heel. Haven't got round to putting it all together yet but have decals courtesy of Gil waiting too.

THANK YOU for putting that Muddy Fox ad up! Took me right back to the 'Eighties, that did! :LOL:

I have an idea for the forks, but wether it will amount to anything, depends on what build i finally decide on.....still not got that far yet, thankfully though my origianl forks are in surprisngly good shape.

I shall look forward to seeing yours when you have finished it then.., have you done a build thread for it...?

Not yet.

This is how it looks at the moment:

OP_1.jpg

Gunmetal with yellow decals - the plan is to strip everything for a start, I have similar rust spots to yours. The 105 headset is coming off and will probably be replaced by a Shimano 600 one I have knocking about. The Direct Drive forks are black, and so are the new decals from Gil - going for a classy stealth look. I'm actually building it for my wife, and it will have slicks and a child-seat on the back (if she likes it once it's finished!). I've got all the parts, everything is period, except for the tyres.

excellent job, looks very straight to me, and you are being modest, the condition looks a lot better than mine... :cool:

I shall look forward to seeing this progress.. :cool:

A little more on the Man v Horse v Bike race event.

Attachments

• img189.jpg
    img189.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 861
  • img188.jpg
    img188.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 861
Back