1997 Santa Cruz Heckler: Updated Page 16

phill77":2t55zmmh said:
Loving the polished finish.

Check the serial number, first two numbers are the year on my Tazmons.
I'd think it is later than 98 because of the disc mounts.

After some research, it turns out the disk tabs were first introduced/fitted to these frames in 1997/1998.... i guess the question of whether this is the result of 2 frames is still unanswered. i dont suppose anyone would know where i could find another rear section??

sean

I also like the bare/polished metal look :) I see it has a couple of carbon, anti-chafing bits. Nice. I have a couple of those from "Lizard Skins" myself. Haven't had a bike to put them on yet as my current bike is carbon (1996 Y-22 [see my gallery])

dmccart2":85sbv6ho said:
I also like the bare/polished metal look :) I see it has a couple of carbon, anti-chafing bits. Nice. I have a couple of those from "Lizard Skins" myself. Haven't had a bike to put them on yet as my current bike is carbon (1996 Y-22 [see my gallery])

Nice only my fork legs are carbon though

I suspect the rear is original. There were about eight colour choices and you could mix and match front and rear when you ordered, they'd have racks of main frames and racks of swingarms and just bolt together whatever was needed. It's not hard to imagine a front end hanging around for a few weeks before being mated with a swingarm and that could easily bridge a calendar year. There was an earlier version of the front end with a different swingarm pivot that bridged across to the seat tube, that changed at about the same time as the disc mounts came in so both ends of yours are very close to the same age.

MikeD":17q9gs9r said:
There were about eight colour choices and you could mix and match front and rear when you ordered, they'd have racks of main frames and racks of swingarms and just bolt together whatever was needed.

Thats how i bought mine.

Back