Double front ring setups?

I agree ^^^

running 22/36 on my full suss, nice wide ratio and noticeable difference between the rings, only the middle two rear cogs offer any duplicates gears

But in doing this i'm trying to steer away from the 'pedalling like a mad thing and going nowhere gears'. I could almost manage with 32 on the front and 11/34 at the back.
28-36/38 gives me a bit more up and down, i'd definately be happy with it ;)

Re: .

Grannygrinder":3hl66iqb said:
But in doing this i'm trying to steer away from the 'pedalling like a mad thing and going nowhere gears'. I could almost manage with 32 on the front and 11/34 at the back.

Now that's another story - I do like a 1x9 and 1x10 with an 11-36 block and 32t seems to be a really good option; reasonable granny gear if you're not in big hills every weekend and 32/11 will spin up to 30mph happily :cool:

Currently running 2x9 on a carbon 456. Mainly due to chainsuck problems with middleburn rings. I'll never buy middleburn again. 44/32 by 11-32, may go to 1x9

I've been running a 38/24 double ring set up on my Univega. Matched with a 12-28 or 13-30 seven speed cassette and thumbies, I really like it.
I tend to spend alot of time in the 38 tooth ring and drop onto the granny ring when it gets steep.

Univega-Peaks01.jpg

I'm going to switch to a similar 2 x 9 set-up on one of my modern bikes when I wear out the current chainrings.

I will admit to having a stomping 'style' of riding, but I'm well into one ring up front.

One bike has 36x11/36 (10sp) and the other 34x11/34 (9sp). I get up almost everything without too many struggles. I may go to 34x11/36 for the winter and stop using my Michelin tubeless lightweight dry tyres as they are little more than semi-slicks (but I love them).

It's part of my decision to have less stuff on the bike, though I wouldn't go singlespeed. That just ruins a good bike (steps away).

Back