Cannock Chase Ride - 30th Dec - BBQ Turkey Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwasgoodonce":1ri61ivq said:
I have just returned from a post Christmas lap of the red route. There are still odd bits closed but there are alternative routes supplied. Anyone hoping to win DBOTY probably won't.

standard question for pre-retro meet (uusually from Wu) - any suggestions on tyre selection?

Options are 1.7 red Z-max or 2.1 white magics as both co-ordinate nicely with my frame!

MadCowKev":2bjatya2 said:
Iwasgoodonce":2bjatya2 said:
I have just returned from a post Christmas lap of the red route. There are still odd bits closed but there are alternative routes supplied. Anyone hoping to win DBOTY probably won't.

standard question for pre-retro meet (uusually from Wu) - any suggestions on tyre selection?

Options are 1.7 red Z-max or 2.1 white magics as both co-ordinate nicely with my frame!

Mmmm, not sure. I never have a choice with tyres. If you are of build type 'Hefty' or above, I would go for the 2.1's. It is pretty free draining up there. Anyone who has experienced for example Devon clay will be amazed how clean they are! There is one stretch of fairly gloopy mud and one other stretch of it that you can avoid by going over the boardwalk of doom.

See you in the morning then chaps, i'm quite looking foward to this, although i'm feeling pretty unfit. A few mates went to CC today, it is apparently quite muddy.

Iwasgoodonce":24wzx6qs said:
If you are of build type 'Hefty' or above, I would go for the 2.1's. It is pretty free draining up there.

okay - off to put the Magics through the washing machine. 30 degree silk wash!

Steve H":11dudndy said:
See you in the morning then chaps, i'm quite looking foward to this, although i'm feeling pretty unfit. A few mates went to CC today, it is apparently quite muddy.

You don't know what unfit is! I had toddlers cheerfully overtaking me on their Christmas bikes. Some even had stabilisers!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

22569114tc3.jpg

Sounds like a good one. Will be there for about 8 on a Rocky Altitude. Slightly sandy/gritty for most ride, bit of very wet mud if rains and standing water. I always run Nevegal/Blue groove, it aint retro, but I don't care ;)

Plan to start the dog, detour off, and then back on the finish of the dog.
The red route is more a family/beginners trail really. Off piste is where its at, dog is ok for a quick spin. Good riding though, looking forward to it :)

If you are deffo on for the 8.30, drop me a pm and will let you know my mobi to make sure we hang on etc.

Cheers..
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back