Cannock Chase Ride - 30th Dec - BBQ Turkey Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try and make this, never been to Cannock before, can anyone provide some vague directions my satnav will understand?

jango":pyl1u051 said:
I'm going to try and make this, never been to Cannock before, can anyone provide some vague directions my satnav will understand?

Ooh, never thought about it, I just drive there! Try Penkridge Bank/Markuis Drive/Birches Valley. Or arrange to meet me around the A5/A449 junction and follow me! This is very near to J12, M6.

jango":3q0b1lvf said:

birches valley visitor centre WS15 2UQ

I have just returned from a post Christmas lap of the red route. There are still odd bits closed but there are alternative routes supplied. Anyone hoping to win DBOTY probably won't. There is a fair bit of standing water but only limited bits of anything too claggy. I did manage to come off twice but not in the quick bits. The downhill stutter bump bits are a bit more tricky than in the summer. I can offer two conclusions other than it will be a laugh on sunday:

1. I will never be able to ride berms without looking slow/stupid.
2. Never eat fried leftover sprouts for breakfast. They taste good, but basically just want to get out and look around!

I Know this sounds imposible but i live about 4 miles from the chase,since i moved to cannock in march,i`ve been to busy doing house and baby stuff, i`ve never bid down the follow the dog/red route etc :( so it`s gonna be all new to me to-i always ride the rest of the chase.

monsterfatuk":3jart4ke said:
I Know this sounds imposible but i live about 4 miles from the chase,since i moved to cannock in march,i`ve been to busy doing house and baby stuff, i`ve never bid down the follow the dog/red route etc :( so it`s gonna be all new to me to-i always ride the rest of the chase.

I think you will like it. There is a good mixture. Fast single track, slow single track through trees, a fast downhill and revisit your breakfast uphills! The only downside is the vast number of dog walking pensioners. The red route does warn people to find another trail as this is a dedicated mountain bike route.... but some don't seem to want to read it and still let Fido leave steaming dog-logs everywhere and possibly become road kill. I know how the sheriff on Blazing Saddles must have felt when he tried to be friendly. Give a cheery "Good morning ma'm and ain't it a lovely morning?" I mean would it hurt to be civil?

Iwasgoodonce":28vj93d1 said:
let Fido leave steaming dog-logs everywhere

That is my biggest bike related pet hate....even beats rounding an allen key bolt :x The smell.....especially when you hit a bit one and it splatters all over your bike!!!

I just hate people that don't think about others. Although, I got my own back on Christmas day, not doggy related, but still funny!!

My wife is using a wheelchair at the moment following an operation, and we decided to go to the pub at lunch time. On the way there were 3 cars parked blocking the footpath, and there was no way I was taking her on the main road. So, I figured I could just about get her through.....ssccrrraaattchhh......yea, we got past them ;)

The pushchair thing, I now always do an imaginary double pram test when setting up survey equipment on paths. Ever since the twins were born I know how annoying blocked paths are.
The lunacy levels I have witnessed since moving to the midlands sometimes makes even me (a lune) double take. I often see someone who already has a car filling their drive park another with the front wheels only just on the drive and the rest of the thing across the path and out onto the road!!!
The first time I saw it I actually took a photo just to prove it to my disbelieving parents in the south west.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back