SSWC11 - Ireland

:( I'll play devils advocate and say even though its only to Ireland who knows when the SSWC will return to our kneck of the woods. And wil it get any cheaper to travel to wherever next years is? Did anyone look at flying? And renting a car?Its worked out cost effective for me before.

For me the Belgium event was great VFM. Unfortunately Belgium and the Netherlands were a money pit that sucked up all my cash reserves. Ireland has now developed into a new moneypit and I have no reserves to fall back on :( I know the race itself and all assorted antics will be fantastic but cash is needed to be there so I'll not be.
SSUK is way cheaper, easier to get to and a further paypacket away giving me a wee bit more financial comfort.
Anyway going to the worlds somewhere exotic would be fab if I had the cash as opposed to the virtual UK with Guinness and Euro's ;)

kaiser":2z78uok9 said:
And wil it get any cheaper to travel to wherever next years is? Did anyone look at flying? And renting a car?Its worked out cost effective for me before.

Good questions and ones I asked myself before cancelling. I looked at flying and car hire but distance from an airport at this end meant that logistically tricky/expensive. I also looked at train and cycling options. Bottom line was that as keen as I was to go, I've been to Ireland many times (and it's great) but I just couldn't reconcile the cost (and ironically I'd pay more to go somewhere more exotic, whatever that means) - basically a toss up between a weeks cycling in Tuscany or a Bank Holiday weekend in Ireland.

Back